XCR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
wow, who knew. It still looks like a nice rifle. If only looks could kill....

·
Registered
2,839 Posts

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
My first thought when I handled a 416 was that it was overly front heavy (more so than the XCR) and that the rail was loose enough that I wouldn't trust mounting any sort of aiming device on it.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
My first thought when I handled a 416 was that it was overly front heavy (more so than the XCR) and that the rail was loose enough that I wouldn't trust mounting any sort of aiming device on it.
Oh hell yes the 416 is heavy. The balance is horrid. Not quite as disgusting as a SIG556 but pretty bad. 8.60lbs makes for one hefty carbine.

Even the SBR model clocks in at 7.3lbs which means its about as much as a 16" XCR and FN SCAR

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I've never read into the 416, just wasn't interested for what they ask for it.

Sounds like it may be all hat and no cattle...

·
Registered
327 Posts
Sounds like it may be all hat and no cattle...
:laughposter: :boogie:
That has to be the best quote ever. Thanks for the laugh.

·
Registered
325 Posts
funny to see people chime in on that thread that couldn't possibly have 416 experience since it's not available here..

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Doesn't surprise me. I've shot my share of HKs, including the G36, and was never impressed with them. Good guns, but quirky. I think it is funny that someone who loves HKs, in MY opinion the MOST poserish guns made, would call someone who says a negative thing about them AFTER PERSONAL HANDS ON EXPERIENCE a poser.

I'll stick with POF and LWRC for a piston AR, and my XCR will ALWAYS be my got to gun.

I will say one thing about HK, they make a Hell of a pistol.

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wrote about the rail problem two years ago and I had sacks of assholes jumping down my throat saying I didn't know WTF I was talking about, and how I was an HK hater, or how I was poseur operator blah blah blah.
Not surprising. Arfcommers consider everyone who is not one of their own a poseur. All the experts seem to be on Arfcom, they are all either SF or former SF, they work their weapons harder than everyone else by just looking at them.

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I hope my LWRC does not seize like the HK. Both are basically the same gun. If it does seizes, oh well, we all gotta make our fair share of mistakes.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I hope my LWRC does not seize like the HK. Both are basically the same gun. If it does seizes, oh well, we all gotta make our fair share of mistakes.
They are actually quite different. They both piggy backed on the AR18 short stroke method, but go about it in a very different way.

I thought the same thing for awhile, though I was playing with HK416's long before I ever touched an LWRC. Once I got my own LWRC upper the differences were quite obvious...

Speaking of LWRC, I have an open 6920 lower just waiting for an M6A3 upper to mate with. I think it might be the best piston AR15 platform yet.

·
Registered
22,522 Posts
funny to see people chime in on that thread that couldn't possibly have 416 experience since it's not available here..
Yet several people here in the US got HK 416 uppers several years ago when some "accidentally" got released to the public. So, it is possible that some folks not only have experience, but actually own one.

IIRC, they were selling for some un-godly amount....like $5K.

Sean

·
Registered
681 Posts
Cartmann- if you want to know how the LWRC has been faring, check out the latest issue of SWAT. The tested 3 guns for a total of 60,000 rounds. They give details on issues that incurred and LWRC's fixes and future fixes.

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cartmann- if you want to know how the LWRC has been faring, check out the latest issue of SWAT. The tested 3 guns for a total of 60,000 rounds. They give details on issues that incurred and LWRC's fixes and future fixes.
I am not really into gun mags but since I know you work for them I will support you and pick up an issue!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Actually I don't work for SWAT. The photo work I do is for Harris Pub, no affiliation with the SWAT folks. Actually I think SWAT is a decent source of info.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts