XCR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,839 Posts

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
My first thought when I handled a 416 was that it was overly front heavy (more so than the XCR) and that the rail was loose enough that I wouldn't trust mounting any sort of aiming device on it.
Oh hell yes the 416 is heavy. The balance is horrid. Not quite as disgusting as a SIG556 but pretty bad. 8.60lbs makes for one hefty carbine.

Even the SBR model clocks in at 7.3lbs which means its about as much as a 16" XCR and FN SCAR

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I hope my LWRC does not seize like the HK. Both are basically the same gun. If it does seizes, oh well, we all gotta make our fair share of mistakes.
They are actually quite different. They both piggy backed on the AR18 short stroke method, but go about it in a very different way.

I thought the same thing for awhile, though I was playing with HK416's long before I ever touched an LWRC. Once I got my own LWRC upper the differences were quite obvious...

Speaking of LWRC, I have an open 6920 lower just waiting for an M6A3 upper to mate with. I think it might be the best piston AR15 platform yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.