XCR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all-
I did a search first, but I didn't see any threads discussing the pros/cons of the windowed MagLevel PMAG's. I guess my main concern is if the method with which the window is attached would be a problem over time. For example, is the seal sufficient, would the adhesive dry out and fail, etc.

I'm still on backorder for the MagLevel ones I ordered, so I can't see it firsthand.

So for those of you that have both types, what do you think?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have a windowed version. It doesn't look like the window will have any issues. One of the things I don't like is that the window is too low. You can tell if you have more than ~20 rounds, but less than that and all you see is the spring.

I'm trying to get a hold of one of the Lancer translucent mags to see how that might hold up.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought the spring was painted to show a lower round count? I assumed from the picture that there would be corresponding lines on the mag body to determine approximate rounds remaining.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Unless you have a windowed magwell, it wouldn't matter if they put the window higher. Me thinks its a gimmick to get a few extra bucks. My :2cents:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have 11 with the window mostly cause of the looks and it was only a buck something more per mag.

The spring guide does work once you know how to compare the round count vs. spring orange location.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Me thinks its a gimmick to get a few extra bucks. My :2cents:
And that just about sums it up. Sure, they do look cool but I really can't think of any reason why the average consumer needs them. Heck, once you are below 20 or so a quick glance wont tell you anything. Most guys I know still prefer to place tracers as the last 5 rounds in the mag.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
If you shoot suppressed with them the nasties from all the gas blowback will could the window up, it can be hard to scrub out and then it gets scratched.

I've got a few but I figure I've been working with the old USGI mags for so long it's just a novelty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts