XCR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got me a beauty coming in this next week. I guess it was a deal at $2,450 on a "buy it now" from GB. There was a similar one that went through a 3 day auction and finaled out at $3,426, but it included a set of Troy BUIS and was a 16 inch barrell. Mine is 14.5 with perm flash hider. Supposedly, these are limited additions similar to what POF is bringing to the SHOT Show. I wish I could have got a .308, but those bad boys are going for $4,000+.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Re: POF Inbound

very nice

are you going to leave the receiver silver or are you going to paint it ?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

very nice

I will leave it. From talking to the guy at Dynamic Armament, he said its not as silvery as it looks in the pictures, more of a satin gray. The flash gives that effect. Its actually a NP3 treatment from robarguns.com

·
Registered
923 Posts

I was wondering because of how shiney it is.

I hope to hear a range report soon

·
Registered
5,623 Posts

That Np3 is a supernice finish.I have several things I would like to do it too,but it's not cheap.It's Teflon impregnated,so it's self lubricating too.I love the dull silver finish,it is very similar to unpolished stainless

·
Registered
6,835 Posts

Nice rifle, I too have been wanting to do a few things in a NP3/Robam finish. I had a pistol with me once when up in phoenix that I planned to drop off but I ran out of time that day and never got around to it. Look forward to hearing how it shoots.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Nice rifle, I too have been wanting to do a few things in a NP3/Robam finish. I had a pistol with me once when up in phoenix that I planned to drop off but I ran out of time that day and never got around to it. Look forward to hearing how it shoots.
These things are guaranteed to be sub-MOA, so it should out shoot the shooter.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
That is VERY NICE!

I'm (patiently) waiting on my LMT SBR Piston upper to mate to my POF lower recently acquired from Aussie Arms... ;D

·
Registered
22,393 Posts

very nice

I will leave it. From talking to the guy at Dynamic Armament, he said its not as silvery as it looks in the pictures, more of a satin gray. The flash gives that effect. Its actually a NP3 treatment from robarguns.com
I got a tour of the facility on Dec 31....that finish IS AWESOME. It's not shiny at all in person. Looks really sharp. I prefer black, but I wouldn't have minded my P-308 coming in that color either.....it's really nice.

Sean

·
Registered
681 Posts
Lookin good... pimped a little. Hope it shoots well for you. Range report... please.

That is VERY NICE!

I'm (patiently) waiting on my LMT SBR Piston upper to mate to my POF lower recently acquired from Aussie Arms... ;D
Is Aussie still out there? I thought that dude fell off the edge of the earth.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I spoke with him today. He has been on the road quite a bit, and has been overwhelmed with inquiries.

Send him an e-mail, as I am sure he will respond as soon as he can.

I guess I have an advantage since I live somewhat close to him. ;)

·
Registered
681 Posts
I spoke with him today. He has been on the road quite a bit, and has been overwhelmed with inquiries.

Thank you for the info. :)

·
Registered
1,475 Posts

i miss him being around :-[

does he actually have lowers to sell?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
i miss him being around :-[

does he actually have lowers to sell?
I know he has a LOT of parts in stock, but I cannot say for sure what he has as far as lower inventory.

Give him a shout with your wish list and he'll let you know what he has available.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I will try to get in touch with roy one of these days...

on a side note I'm extremely envious of the larue nightforce combo, what reticle did you get superrage?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts