XCR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got 1000 rounds of the Remington UMC 55 Grain 223 from Natchez Shooters Supply

https://www.natchezss.com/index.cfm

A friend in Virginia called me today and said Dick's Sporting Goods has it on Sale Tomorrow 8/19 for
$ 5.99 per box.

If they have it at that price I'm getting 1000 more. ;D

·
Registered
375 Posts
Be Aware Ladies and Gentlemen

My wholesalers have informed me of a 18% price increase Sept. 1st....talked to a Walmart manager locally(Idaho) They are taking a "SUBSTANTIAL INCREASE" in ammo prices on the 1st another increase in Oct/Nov(Wholesaler/mfg) also....the best price I have seen and seems to be available in small quantities at shows and shops is the PMC 223 that a lot of us "signed" delivery contracts for in January 2007....around $300 per case....I am buying all I can locate....World conditions are a chang'n and our position as the Worlds number one "ShiZZZ" is gone We have been milked and bilked to the point that we are basically bankrupt as a country...all eyes are turning toward China/India as the "ShiZZZ"....and they are just beginning!
There are many other factors entering in to the equation...almost all point upward in costs (Not just inammo but all other commodities too-especially consumables like FOOD) Seek guidance and above all ACT NOW....................22 L/R is another avenue to consider!

Pray and keep your powder dry-Kz

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
I load my own, Approx $183 per 1000 rounds of 55/62 grain if I re-use brass only 4 times.

I stopped buying ammo when surplus got more expensive than reloads.

I start with unfired pull down brass, which I load for matches. Then once it's used it goes into the practise bucket for loading 3-5 times with Surplus FMJ tips, usually new 55/62 grain.

For matches I use 55 grain FMJ, 62 Grain penetrator surplus new, unloaded tips, or new 75/77 grain HPBT tips depending on the match.

For the price of a Dillon 650 load a few thousand rounds and it's paid for itself. Plus the hobby lets you use time constructively and you can load a round that is tailored to your rifle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts