XCR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody here use the new PRI 6.8 waffle pattern mags in your XCR? What do you think of them? I'm trying to decide which mags I should get.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I have been usng the C Products mags exclusively and I am extremely happy with them. No issues, great product and customer service. :2cents:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Aziator!
C-products uses Magpul followers now, right? I know they are a lot more affordable than the PRI mags.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Yep, magpul followers. They are almost as smooth as my HK mags...almost.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Anybody here use the new PRI 6.8 waffle pattern mags in your XCR? What do you think of them? I'm trying to decide which mags I should get.
I just posted a similar thread under Accessories ( :duh: didn't see this one). My problem is I can't own mags with a capacity greater than 15 rounds. I just saw C Products makes 5 and 10 rounders but not 15.

Has anybody used these PRI-Mounts mags in 6.8mm?

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Haven't used them but that is the same magpul follower that is in my C Products mags.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Haven't used them but that is the same magpul follower that is in my C Products mags.
I spoke to Alex a few days ago and he said they should work since the 30 round versions did

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
The PRi mags are built like a tank and would be useful in any type hand to hand combat situation, the C-Products seem a little less sturdy in comparison but that's also subjective. Pick up one of each and I think you'll understand my point though. I've both C-Products and PRi and in terms of function both have been 100% reliable, no worries. For the price of one PRi you can just about get two C-Products too. Good luck!

J

·
0 Posts
I looked on the pri website and all I could see to buy was the standard mag design and not the waffle ribs. is the picture in the description just wrong for the 6.8 or do they have 2 designs of 6.8 mags?

·
Registered
356 Posts
I looked on the pri website and all I could see to buy was the standard mag design and not the waffle ribs. is the picture in the description just wrong for the 6.8 or do they have 2 designs of 6.8 mags?
Yes the picture is wrong. I ordered a few more mags a month ago but called to be sure they'd send the waffle mags like on my first order. They assured me all the mags being sent are now waffle and that they haven't gotten around to changing it on the site.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Did you get the fancy floorplates they have?

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Those waffle mags look great....... but for a little over $17 I can get C-products. I have six C-Products and they work great. Are the waffle mags worth 2 times as much? You decide, I'll spend the extra bucks on ammo and such. :2cents: P.S. If they are worth it let me know. ;D

·
Registered
356 Posts
Yeah. They came with the 6.8 Magpul followers and floor plates stamped with the PRI web address.

EDIT: They didn't come with the "military floor plate"

·
Registered
356 Posts
Those waffle mags look great....... but for a little over I can get C-products. I have six C-Products and they work great. Are the waffle mags worth 2 times as much? You decide, I'll spend the extra bucks on ammo and such. :2cents: P.S. If they are worth it let me know. ;D
Unfortunately, C Products wasn't making a 15 round mag. Since that's the max I can own and PRI makes a 15 round 6.8 mag it was more or less my only option since I refuse to buy restricted mags. When I ordered it off the site they were showing the straight/flat walled mags. I was pleasantly surprised when they shipped me the waffle mags.

P.S. They look great in DuraCoat's Tactical Ultraflat OD Green.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Yeah. They came with the 6.8 Magpul followers and floor plates stamped with the PRI web address.

I got my PRi mags from Brownells and they didn't have the larger floorplate option. I suppose I could have special ordered them but was planning on putting a magpul on them so figured it might be a little too much effort to get them to fit.

As far as steel mags go, of any caliber mind you, I think they are the best to be had.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I just noticed the second set of PRI mags I ordered had different followers. I called PRI and they said they are still Magpul followers without the name on it. I noticed the follower (on the right) is narrower than the earlier mag I ordered (left) which is why I called. They assured me they would function the same.

Any thoughts on functionality between the two? Why would they use a narrower follower?

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I am only guessing but maybe it make for a "straighter" shot into the chamber. If they work, who really cares. :2cents: :ninja:

·
Registered
356 Posts
I am only guessing but maybe it make for a "straighter" shot into the chamber. If they work, who really cares. :2cents: :ninja:
True. I'll put them both through the paces once I get my 6.8 XCR.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Those ribbed mags remind me of the original AR-10 mags back in the late 50's early 60's

·
Registered
23 Posts
PRI mags allow you to load to 2.305" which is very important when shooting for accuracy, The new Nosler Accubonds shoot sub MOA at 2.285- 2.295". The Barnes TSX and TTSX shoot well at 2.305" same as the Speer 90gr TNT.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts