XCR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at 1000 rounds of Privi Partizan for $459.00 from Ammoman. Just wondering if this is a good buy or if there is better out there.

P223 / 5.56 - 69 GRAIN MATCH
2008 PRODUCTION - LEAD CORE
BOAT TAIL - HOLLOW POINT
BRAND NEW - BOXER PRIMED
RELOADABLE AND NON CORROSIVE

·
Registered
136 Posts
Thats probably not too far off the mark. Its good ammo and that can be hard to find. You should probably buy it.

EDIT: :duh: Obviously only you can decide what you should do. If it were me I would consider it about the going rate in today's world.

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
I shot the 75gr stuff out of my Noveske, not quite match quality like FGMM, but way more accurate than regular M193 and M855.

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Check out www.gun-deals.com. All different caliber ammo deals, you can sort returns down to cost per round, and it's updated by us, the users of the site so it's usually up to date. You plug in your zip and it will even figure in shipping.

That said $.49 a round is a decent price for 5.56 brass, boxer primed cartridges. Walmart was selling Federal 100 round value packs where I live for about $.38 per round and I was buying 1 or 2 every time I stopped by but they've dried up recently.

Cheers,
Smokey

·
Registered
20 Posts
Check out www.gun-deals.com. All different caliber ammo deals, you can sort returns down to cost per round, and it's updated by us, the users of the site so it's usually up to date. You plug in your zip and it will even figure in shipping.

That said $.49 a round is a decent price for 5.56 brass, boxer primed cartridges. Walmart was selling Federal 100 round value packs where I live for about $.38 per round and I was buying 1 or 2 every time I stopped by but they've dried up recently.

Cheers,
Smokey
As per your suggestion, I went to look at gun-deals.com to see ammo prices, but didn't see 5.56 listed:

http://gun-deals.com/ammo

I see a lot of mention of the 223. Is 223 the same thing as 5.56? (Sorry, totally new to guns, but have ordered an XCR-L 5.56, so I'll need to buy ammo soon.)

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts

Cheers,
Smokey
As per your suggestion, I went to look at gun-deals.com to see ammo prices, but didn't see 5.56 listed:

http://gun-deals.com/ammo

I see a lot of mention of the 223. Is 223 the same thing as 5.56? (Sorry, totally new to guns, but have ordered an XCR-L 5.56, so I'll need to buy ammo soon.)
For your purposes here, yes, .223 is the same thing as 5.56x45.

They're not exactly the same thing, but if your rifle says it's chambered in 5.56 you should have no problem shooting both.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm looking at 1000 rounds of Privi Partizan for 9.00 from Ammoman. Just wondering if this is a good buy or if there is better out there.

P223 / 5.56 - 69 GRAIN MATCH
2008 PRODUCTION - LEAD CORE
BOAT TAIL - HOLLOW POINT
BRAND NEW - BOXER PRIMED
RELOADABLE AND NON CORROSIVE
That is about what the heavy 5.56 is going for now. Sounds about right. Maybe $15-20 higher than some places were when they had it. Unlikely you will find it any cheaper unless you go for some 55 gr. Privi or even cheaper...Wolf. The big trick right now is just finding places that have it in stock. :-[

I stopped at Bi-Mart Friday to grab some .223 to shoot this weekend. They usually have bulk packs of .223, 9mm, 40, 45. Their normally full shelves in sporting goods looked like a store the day before a natural disaster was going to hit. The shelves were bare. They had one lb of powder I don't use. Not one primer (except shotgun)

Loaded ammo- 2 boxes of .223 and 1 box of 44 mag, a few boxes of expensive match 22 LR (no regular 22 LR), some .17 HMR and that was it. ALL other loaded ammo was sold. Normally they have hundreds of boxes of ammo. Ten lbs of every powder. Several 1000 of every size primer. Even the obscure calibers that nobody usually buys were bought up. All the shelves were blank, empty, cleaned out. It kind of freaked me out. I have never seen anything like it.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Yep, the shelves were empty at my Walmart too. I was in line behind a guy that had 500 rounds of 9mm in 100 round boxes that he just got off the shelf before I showed up. I asked him if he was stocking up. He said he didn't even have a 9mm but was indenting to sell them on gunbroker for a profit. That just burns my butt!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Yep, the shelves were empty at my Walmart too. I was in line behind a guy that had 500 rounds of 9mm in 100 round boxes that he just got off the shelf before I showed up. I asked him if he was stocking up. He said he didn't even have a 9mm but was indenting to sell them on gunbroker for a profit. That just burns my butt!

Now that's just plain wrong. :mad:

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I was at a local gun show and there was a guy selling the federal .22 bulk packs that you get from Walmart for $30 each, yeah, they same ones that you buy at walmart for $15 each.

I bought 6 boxes of the WWB 9mm the other day, the guy behind the counter was like, "you want it all"? I said, yeah, I had just shot that much this morning and needed to replenish.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts