XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had some failures to feed and it appears to be related to increased friction when the bolt is trying to close. I attributed this behavior to the rifle being new and the parts needing to go through the typical wear in process. But it appears that it might be related to the C Products magazines. I was reading on AR15.com that many of the users are experiencing all sorts of problems with the 7.62x39 30 round magazines. There was mention of a bad batch of magazines that were sent out by C products.

·
Registered
58 Posts
A bad batch is possible. If you can narrow your problems to the mags, contact Larry.
He is a very good guy to deal with, just be calm and state your problems.
He will take care of you.

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
supposedly these mags need a break in too... so lame ::)

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
If it were me, and this might not be easy (I really don't know), I would try to locate at least one non-Cproducts 7.62x39 AR mag for comparison, or alternately, get some of the C products versions in alternate capacities.

I don't know if you would be able to determine that its a "bad batch"... its a brand new mag. How many batches can possibly be out there?

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Wow!

Looks like their track record is not as good with the 7.62x39 mags.
Larry at C-Products apparently made a statement indicating the first run of mags were out of spec, while the 10 rounders are correct. He is issuing replacements, just send the old mag back

As I wrote somewhere else, CP is hit or miss whenever they try and do anything new, but usually they sort it out and take care of their customers. The upside is a 7.62x39 mag that does well in the market will draw attention from other mag makers and create competition which shrinks cost and improves quality

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
Where did you hear that?
Sounds like an excuse for saying
"the burrs on the feedlips need to be worn down by your ammunition"
Terra started a thread awhile back.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just accomplished a search. Found that one, Thanks.
Seems like the 7.62x39 mags have had more issues than the 5.56mm ones did early on.
Larry will fix the issues and take care of the customers.
Would be better, for us and their name, if they proofed their products before sale.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have twenty of the magazines and have only used about 10 of them. It does appear that the rounds are sitting too low with several of the magazines and wear on the front lip of the magazine is evident. As variablebinary mentioned the front lip of the magazine is too high and the feed lips are out of spec. and forcing the round downward. At this point it appears that the magazines are the problem and it is not a rifle issue.

I am a big supporter of C Products and I own an extremely large number of their 5.56 and 9mm magazines. Their customer service is outstanding and they have always been willing to replace defective magazines. Twenty magazines heading back to C Products for an exchange.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Aw, c'mon... 20 mags ain't nuthin! ;D

You gotta have at LEAST (10) mags for each pistol, and (30) for each rifle! ::)

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Yeah, and a set of WHEELS too haul all that weight with! :toast: :bazooka: :firepower:

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
We used to call it being "In the Rear with the gear". ;D

·
Registered
98 Posts

The lip is not high the round is too low.
probably due to the straight section of the mag that enters the mag-well.
This problem can possibly be remedied by redesign of the magazine box and follower.
Easy.
By the way, I always manual feed my new mags and diamond file any problems away.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The only problem that I had was the wait for the rifle. The mag that came with performed fine with Wolf ammo. Tomorrow we will try hand loads. I wish Larry would crank it up so that I could stock up on magazines. Why wasn't it designed to use AK magazines?

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
If you use soft point ammo, it will have a slight tendency to get caught.

Keep in mind, we aren't the ones that manufacture these. C Products knows about the issue.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts