XCR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22,658 Posts
Wow…more intimidation tactics from the Feds and the Southern District of NY and a direct attack on the 1st! It’s getting spicy around here…

They asked them to pretty please not reveal to anyone we’re investigating you! 🤣

Disturbing to say the least.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
I hope they all used full disk encryption otherwise were going to see a lot of sources dying of heart attacks or other mysterious causes
Not necessarily.

They might just be suddenly discovered to be pedophiles.

·
Registered
22,658 Posts
Not necessarily.

They might just be suddenly discovered to be pedophiles.
Or worse case, things go even further south in the country and we just rendition and "disappear" dissidents. Maybe I'm being overly dramatic, but I am starting to believe we may not be that far off from that sort of behavior.

Reactions: scalton

·
Registered
22,658 Posts

FBI Searches Homes of Project Veritas-Linked People: James O’Keefe

By Jack Phillips

November 5, 2021 Updated: November 6, 2021

biggersmaller
Print

Federal agents searched the New York homes of people tied to Project Veritas, according to founder James O’Keefe on Friday.
In a video posted to Project Veritas’ YouTube, O’Keefe said his organization obtained a grand jury subpoena before saying that current and former Project Veritas employees’ homes were searched by federal agents.
“Apartment and homes of Project Veritas journalists and former journalists had been raided by FBI agents,” he said, adding that it appears the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York is targeting the group.
Additionally, O’Keefe said that a Project Veritas associate was contacted shortly after the FBI search by a New York Times reporter, despite the grand jury subpoena being issued in secret.
“Within an hour of one of our reporters’ homes being secretly raided by the FBI … the New York Times contacted the reporter to ask for comment,” O’Keefe said, adding that “we do not know how” the NY Times reporter obtained information about the search warrant or the subject matter. Project Veritas sued the newspaper for defamation last year.
In November 2020, Project Veritas sued the New York Times for libel, claiming the paper’s coverage of a Veritas video was incorrect and was partially driven by NY Times reporters’ resentment. Lawyers for the newspaper filed its defense in April 2021, denying most of the allegations.
An FBI spokesman told The Associated Press that agents had conducted a “court-authorized law enforcement activity” at an apartment in Manhattan and an address in Mamaroneck in Westchester County, New York. The spokesman did not appear to comment on whether the searches were linked to Project Veritas.
The Epoch Times contacted the FBI for comment.
In 2020, Project Veritas was contacted by individuals who claimed to have obtained a copy of a diary belonging to Ashley Biden, President Joe Biden’s youngest daughter, O’Keefe said in the video. Tipsters alleged that the diary was found “abandoned in a room” after she left and that the diary contained “explosive allegations against then-candidate Joe Biden,” O’Keefe said.
Project Veritas’ lawyers, he continued, were in contact with the Department of Justice before the searches were carried out. Their lawyers told federal agents that they had “conveyed unassailable facts that demonstrate Project Veritas’ lack of involvement in criminal activity and/or criminal intent,” O’Keefe also said.
“Like any reporter, we regularly deal with the receipt of source information and take steps to verify its authenticity, legality, and newsworthiness. Our efforts were the stuff of responsible, ethical journalism and we are in no doubt that Project Veritas acted properly at each and every step,” O’Keefe added.
O’Keefe said Project Veritas could not determine the authenticity of the diary and tried to return it to one of Ashley Biden’s attorneys, but the lawyer “refused to authenticate it.” The organization instead gave it “law enforcement to ensure it could be returned to its rightful owner” and “never published it,” he said.
“Now, Ms. Biden’s father’s Department of Justice, specifically the United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York, appears to be investigating the situation, claiming the diary was stolen,” he alleged.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Things are getting pretty spicy. Just remember.... those boys on the ground, kicking in doors behest of their handlers, reflect both culture and more importantly, leadership.

Reactions: Sean K.

·
Registered
22,658 Posts
Things are getting pretty spicy. Just remember.... those boys on the ground, kicking in doors behest of their handlers, reflect both culture and more importantly, leadership.
True enough....but it should be noted that targeting pawns is a fool's errand in the grand scheme of this chess match.

Reactions: scalton

·
Registered
22,658 Posts
mhm....makes me wonder what the real motive is....
If I had to guess right now....this is about damage control. I'd wager the diary contains real criminal wrongdoing that the Biden family needs to keep under wraps. That means they need to track down those who know about it and may have additional information that they could release later.

Obviously, ^ that is the more conspiratorial theory.....

What it sounds like FBI may be investigating is that the diary was stolen. That really only leaves the option that the diary itself is legitimate.....b/c if it was merely a forgery, then it would be a simple case of libel and that's a civil matter.

What hasn't been stated (or implied) is if the original people who 'found' the diary attempted to extort money/favors from the Bidens....which would likely be the ONLY real legitimate legal reason the FBI would even be involved. Selling an abandoned diary of a famous person to a media outlet isn't a criminal offense to my knowledge.

Feel free to point out the flaws in my logic or other potential scenarios....the only thing that logically flows from the FBI being involved at all is that the diary itself is authentic.

Reactions: TexasChris

·
Registered
22,658 Posts
Plot thickens....

F.B.I. Searches James O’Keefe’s Home in Ashley Biden Diary Theft Inquiry (I don't have an account)....Epoch Times is covering it too...but has a paywall.

Now they've raided O'Keefe's home....clearly in retaliation for refusing to remain silent.

NEW: FBI Raids James O’Keefe’s Apartment Saturday As Part of Ashley Biden Diary Investigation
By Caleb HoweNov 6th, 2021, 4:13 pm
1648 comments

On Saturday morning before sunrise, the FBI arrived at the front door of Project Veritas founder James O’Keefe‘s apartment to conduct a court-ordered search as part of an investigation into the alleged theft of the diary of Ashley Biden, daughter of President Joe Biden.
The search comes two days after the FBI raided the homes of other Project Veritas staff, and just one day after O’Keefe released a video about the investigation.
The New York Times, which broke the news of the initial searches, reported Saturday on the search of O’Keefe’s home, and included comments from neighbors who witnessed it.
Jimmy Maynes, who lives next to Mr. O’Keefe at an apartment complex in Mamaroneck, said a handful of F.B.I. agents arrived early Saturday morning.
“They asked for James,” Mr. Mayne said, an entertainment manager. “I thought they were banging on my door. I opened the door.”
“They told me to close the door and I closed the door,” he added. “That’s exactly what happened. It was still dark.”

Another neighbor told the Times that he “clearly saw an F.B.I. raid” across the hall from his apartment. “You saw the jackets. Literally, it was just out of a movie,” he said.
In a statement on Friday regarding the prior searches, O’Keefe said the FBI “took materials of current, and former, Veritas journalists despite the fact that our legal team previously contacted the Department of Justice and voluntarily conveyed unassailable facts that demonstrate Project Veritas’ lack of involvement in criminal activity and/or criminal intent.”
“Like any reporter, we regularly deal with the receipt of source information and take steps to verify its authenticity, legality, and newsworthiness,” he wrote. “Our efforts were the stuff of responsible, ethical, journalism and we are in no doubt that Project Veritas acted properly at each and every step.”
The New York Times on Saturday writes that Project Veritas has in the past “relied on a former British spy named Richard Seddon to help train its operatives.”
“Flyover Media, the company that owns the website that published the pages from the diary, is registered to the same Sheridan, Wyo., address as Mr. Seddon’s company, Branch Six Consulting International,” the New York Times explains. “Mr. O’Keefe, the founder of Project Veritas, was once the president of a company that later registered at the same address.”
This is a developing story.

·
Registered
22,658 Posts

·
Registered
22,658 Posts
Makes me sick that my tax dollars are going to eviscerating the 1A protections for the press. We're PAYING to have the FBI abuse the citizenry.....but, such is our history. We need a reset.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts