XCR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
That stuff costs 43.5c a round; I just added it up and my 69gr SMK loads cost about 33-35c each.... I would be curious about which would shoot better in my rifle.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is a new loading from them so don't know about that. I've shot their 75gr load and it was very good.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Widners won't sell to us in Alabama, I will just have to happy with my handloads......

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
As for as accuracy goes, I have found the Prvi Match stuff very inconsistent. When I hear "match ammo" I normally think consistency. Sometimes this stuff is very good, but your 5 shot groups will vary widely. I still have about 200 rounds of the the 75 gr stuff left.

My SMK 69gr load is also costing me about 31 cents each (not counting brass), so for fully loaded ammo with brass this is not a bad deal, but don't expect consistency like your SMK handloads or like that of Federal Gold Medal Match.

·
Registered
90 Posts
i've found the Prvi M193 ammo to be pretty consistent and seems to be loaded to milspec. I used it to break in my XCR 556 and it through the brass so far I had to wait for the range to close to chase the brass. It was a good price performer last winter and I guess still is comparatively. But it's not match ammo.

I have a couple of hundred rounds of their Match 75g BTHPs but have not been to a range with enough distance lately to try it. I would like to hear how the 69gr match ammo performs.

Also, has anyone tried Prvi's 62gr M855?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts