XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an FYI to my fellow FAL owners.....I added one of these to my FAL and went to the range yesterday with co-workers. All I can say is Wow. What a difference. Recoil was drastically reduced. One of my female co-workers who normally doesn't shoot anything bigger than a 223 has been scared to shoot my FAL since it almost knocked her on her butt the last time she shot it (she is what you would call petite). I finally convinced her to give it another try with the compensator. She shot the FAL with ease and accuracy. She said it was comparable to her Mini-14, maybe slightly more but definitely in her comfort zone and I have to agree. These babies aren't cheap at $80 but they do their job well.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is their site: http://primaryweapons.com They do have them for HK type 308's. I was skeptical but after reading about them and seeing u-videos of them in action, I just had to get one. I am glad I did since it makes control of that mighty beast a lot easier. Just look at the videos on their site.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Yup, i've got one along with a Bill springfield trigger job and my DSA is soooo sweet to shoot now. Well worth buying. I've also got one on my XCR and my AR.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Mine's pretty light, and you definitely notice it when it goes off, so I'm thinking that a more effective compensator might be worth a look -- but I'm wondering, "how good could it be?" I need to spend another $80 on this rifle like I need a hole in the head.

Then I looked at the video: DAMN, that's impressive. The little A2 on the end of my muzzle doesn't seem to do anything like that.

And if Mickey likes it...

tk

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I have them on my 3 XCR barrels and will out them on all of my unsupressed ARs when I finish building them. They work, really really well.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I wonder what compensator will be used on the XCR-M something similar? :ninja:

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I have one for my 5.56 and going to have one put on the 7.62 x 39 kit... Before and after on the 5.56 is noticable... i would imagine it would be even more on a .308 :)

·
Registered
5,623 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
The .223 is MUCH louder... but I haven't had a chance to shoot it outside... in the range its mucho loud... but I've only shot in an indoor range thats better used for pistols so it sounded loud before.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
The noise doesn't bother me too much, but the ability to double and tripple tap plates really shows the extra muzzle control the things give you. A lot of our AR shooters at my club have expressed interest in it since I've been using it.

Brakes will always be louder than a flash eliminator because of what they do and how they work. In fact if the brake isn't louder then either it's a supressor or it's not working.

I've got an Ops inc brake on my Lapua Mag and the difference between on and off is amazing. I also made the mistake of having my ear defenders off and sitting eight yards away in the vent line when a friend shot it. My ears rang for over a week, literally. People won't sit within three benches of me when I am shooting but they always love to come over and have a go.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I read a thread on some sight, somewhere, where an NRA match type was totally blasting muzzle breaks. He asserted that they blast dirt onto adjacent shooters, and no considerate shooter would ever dare show up at a public range with one installed. Are they really that bad, or that maligned?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I'd say they probably would... atleast this model. Again I have no outside experience to base it on, but in an inside range I can feel the concussion that it puts off. My wife took a cell phone video and you can see the blast going out on it.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
That reminds me of the 8mm Egyptian Hakim I used to have ...... it would raise your hat and deffen people on both sides of you. Ha Ha, they used to hate me at the military rifle match.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
I believe the loudest firearm I ever shot was a M38 Nagant.That short barrel was NASTY.You could start forest fires 10 yards away from the muzzle flash too.I have a covered porch on the front of our garage,and sometimes we shoot under that towards my berm when it's raining.Well,an acquaintance of mine happened by one day while were lining up a friends hunting rifle.
Well this dude had been buggin' me to shoot that old firebreather for some time now,so when he saw us shooting he brought it up again.I told him you don't want to fire that thing under here,and explained why.He kept on about it so I figured why the hell not.Ever notice how some people are stupid and stubborn?
Normally I have strict rules about hearing protection,my range my rules,if you want to shoot here period.He never wanted to wear anything,and would always give me shit about it,so I figured I would break him of this annoying ritual everytime he wanted to shoot here.I told him this thing is "loud as hell".So I figured I did my part to warn him of the consequences.I even offered hearing protection like usual.
Well as usual he didn't want any,while mumbling something under his breath about how only pussies were earplugs.So before he touched off the shot my and my friend told him to wait as we stepped back about 20 feet,and I put muffs over my plugs and told him to "let her rip.He was standing about 3 feet away from the wall and well under the roof when he touched off the shot.BOOOOOOM! From where I was it felt like someone hit me in the chest with a rolled up Washington post that was swingin' for the fences.I can only imagine the concussion wave he felt.
He walked over to me handed me that old rifle and said "what the hell ya have in that thang dynamite"? I was already laughing uncontrollably because I could tell from the look on his face he was halfway in shock.I said "I warned you it was loud".He said "huh"? Then I raised my voice and said "I might be a pussy,But I'm not a deaf pussy". ;D

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I never could understand the fascination with having a ringing in your ears. i think the only time I don't wear some sort of hearing protection is while bird hunting with light (quail/dove) loads. Even then I prefer to wear protection.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
when shooting at a range with a muzzle break the thing to do is try and ensure the muzzle is over grass or rubber matitng to absorb the concussion. If you shoot of a concrete pad or bench then that simply rebounds the concussion wave and makes it worse.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts