XCR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've wanted an XCR for a while now, but Im fairly broke and won't have a lot of cash till mid 2009. My buddy told me that there is a strong possibility the assault weapons ban would be reinstated after the coming election. My question is this: In preparation for the upcoming republican defeat, does anyone know if Rob Arms will be offering XCR lowers for those of us who want to get around the ban but might not have the big bucks to drop before January??? The way I figure it, I could put down a few hundred bucks on a receiver and buy the rest when I have money....

Thanks in advance
-Dave

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I want to say that Terra once put the cost of just a lower here on the site. Just call her, I am sure you could get a lower with the trigger parts, or just astripped lower if you want.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, what's the cost on one? Also, do you guys use the same receiver for the 7.62x39 as you do on the other rifles right? I mean I don't know yet if I will go with 223 or not so Im hoping its just one lower I have to buy....

Thanks again!

·
Registered
206 Posts
So I've wanted an XCR for a while now, but Im fairly broke and won't have a lot of cash till mid 2009. My buddy told me that there is a strong possibility the assault weapons ban would be reinstated after the coming election. My question is this: In preparation for the upcoming republican defeat, does anyone know if Rob Arms will be offering XCR lowers for those of us who want to get around the ban but might not have the big bucks to drop before January??? The way I figure it, I could put down a few hundred bucks on a receiver and buy the rest when I have money....

Thanks in advance
-Dave
First let me say welcome to the forum Dave. You make it sound as if it's a forgone conclusion that the left wing is going to win. Lets not give up hope though that the liberals are going to sweep the upcoming elections. If they do, they still have to introduce the bills to Congress. Then it has to be voted on and signed into law. The changes won't be effective till a date to as yet to be determined. I'm guessing Sept/09. Also rest assured there will be no mere reinstatement of the 94 crime bill. The new (insert whatever name you want) "crime bill" will be much more far sweeping than the old one. ALL loopholes will be closed. Old joe helped write the 94 bill. He won't make the same mistakes twice. If the obama bin bobbin biden camp gets in power, there will be an outright ban on any new purchases of weapons regardless of configueration. Your lower won't do much good because the uppers won't be allowed either.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
firemancjack,
I think it is a foregone conclusion at this point. While both candidates are fairly close in terms of their popularity, the Dems will have locked up more electoral college votes. Its going to be a blow out. As for the loopholes being closed, you might be right man, in which case a lower wouldn't do me much good!
Anyway the good news is we get free health care out of this thing I guess.....

-Dave

·
Registered
5,623 Posts

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
There is NO such thing as "free" health care.Someones dime will pick up the tab rest assured.
It's amazing how so many dont get this. Someone, somewhere, always has to pay. Odds are its the middle working class as well while the bottom feeders get a free ride.

·
Registered
194 Posts
There is NO such thing as "free" health care.Someones dime will pick up the tab rest assured.
It's amazing how so many dont get this. Someone, somewhere, always has to pay. Odds are its the middle working class as well while the bottom feeders get a free ride.
This isn't true...look at the Canadian system....free health care doesn't necessarily cost someone else out of their pocket, you just don't get to see a doctor for six months. Wait a second, I guess that is would be considered the free health/no health care plan. We might want to reconsider.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
How about fully assembled, but no stock option.

In other words, ready to drop an upper onto (complete with the pivot pin and clip), and needing everything aft of the lower itself (stock adaptor and stock).

I gotta admit, I was thinking about this option - now I'm REALLY thinking about this option.

"Assembly" could be done at home - using one of the uppers I've already got ;D

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
It would be nice if they sold the SBR lowers, then you wouldn't have to engrave. Just buy a lower from them already on a form 4...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cool, $350 sounds like a plan. I may wait to see if the new ban will resemble the old one (otherwise the lower won't do me much good).

As for the free health care thing, I agree with Variablebinary that only bottom feeders will get a free ride..... but thats perfect since thats what I am!

-Cheers

·
Registered
312 Posts
Even under the old clinton ban, if you already owned a lower you could buy an upper of your chioice, because that is considered a replacement/repair part. I don't know if they can firgure a way around that unless they ban possession of "military style" rifles altogether.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts