XCR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Y'all,

I have a recently purchased new XCR Light in 5.56. I haven't been able to shoot it yet, but I will soon.

I did notice something that I wanted to ask about regarding the folding stock. I noticed there is a very small bit of play in it. I checked from the manual and on Youtube, and everything appears to be tight. It seems that (please excuse my lack of proper terms here) there is play between the spring loaded locking tab (is that the shoulder thing that goes up?) and the recess that it goes up into.

I'll try to explain that better. When you press down on the button in the stock, and then start to fold it, you see where the button you press is also the tab that extends into the receiver extension. When the button is in the up position (as in when you let it go and the spring pushes it up) the tab locks into a hole machined into the receiver extension. This is what locks the stock in the open position.

It appears that the tab is slightly smaller than the hole it locks into. This is what I believe is allowing the wobble in the stock.

Again, it is very minor and I don't know if it will actually cause me any issues in shooting. I'm wondering if this is typical, or if maybe there is something wrong. Also, I am wondering if there is a way I can fix it without having to send it back. Should I tighten more on the hex screws?

Thanks!

-K

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Open your stock and look at the back side (the part you cant see when it is open and locked). You will see a small hex head pan bolt there. Back that out a little at a time, testing the tightness until you get it where you want it.

I hope this helps, I think this is what you are describing.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Open your stock and look at the back side (the part you cant see when it is open and locked). You will see a small hex head pan bolt there. Back that out a little at a time, testing the tightness until you get it where you want it.

I hope this helps, I think this is what you are describing.

Ah ha! :duh:

So in tightening it a little I probably made it worse then. Having to back it out makes perfect sense. Thanks!

-K

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
No worries, I had my XCR for a while before I figured out what that little screw did. One day I saw it and decided it looked like it could be tightened a little. I couldn't figure out for the life of me why my stock was loose the next range session, then a little light came on :duh:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup, thanks for the help!

I tried it last night and it fixed it perfectly. It took me longer to figure out which allen wrench to use than it did to actually fix the problem!

-K

·
Registered
331 Posts
Just make sure your latch button goes up all the way. That's what the little window on the left side is for. So you can see it.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Do a search on youtube. There are a couple of vids about maintaining the stock. Removing play and looseness etc etc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts