XCR Forum banner

Question about newest gen bolt

4K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  cereal killer 
#1 ·
Hello,
I have very noticeable wear on the lower portion of the ejection port like others. It's confined to a small area at the end closest to the chamber.
Is this caused by the bolt rubbing against the rail?
I thought I read somewhere the newest bolt has a flattened portion on the side that rides along the rail.
If so, that would seem to be designed to alleviate the wear issue.
I'll post some pics tonight.

Thanks very much.

#14 ·
For the most part, your parts should fit into a new upper.

In my dealings in used XCRs I have had some where a bolt wouldn't run smoothly in one particular upper but that bolt would be fine in a different upper and a different bolt in the problem upper would be good. I'm guessing tolerance stacking through various lots of parts might be an issue.

I don't ever recall wear on that location but I do remember at least one where clearing the ejector was an issue.

#16 ·
Thanks. I've had this issue for quite some time. I didn't worry about it too much. It didn't affect functioning. After close inspection and coming to the conclusion it couldn't be brass deflection causing it, I decided to ask about it.

I plan to use it on a hunting trip with some handloads for the first time. I'll try to put it in the back of my mind until I hear something from RA.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.