XCR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at getting the 40L in conjunction with the Samson flip up front. First of all any complaints about it? Secondly the idea of it not locking in the deployed position kinda worries me, any problems with it moving with recoil (in 5.56 or 7.62) or not fully deploying? Last thing: can it be deployed with the more open appature or will it not fold down with it selected?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
The spring keeps it deployed rather well and there is little chance of snagging brush or something that might lock it back in place as the lever prevents it. I have since traded off my 40L but my fix for thte small/large aperture dilemma was to disassemble the sight and remove it altogether.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have a 40L-P on my AR. I have decided to get one for my XCR also.

Dirt would keep it from being fully deployed. But that goes for any flip-up. It has loose tolerances until it is in the full up position. So cleaning is easy.

It can be open and closed with the thumb and index finger of one hand. I will be making a video over the Christmas holiday to show how this is done and how to use the sight. I hear too many people report that it is hard to open and close HOGWASH.

If you are worried about the small aperture being up when opened then get the 40L SP (same plane) or just remove it.

The 40L-P has 4 sighting areas. A ring and a notch on each aperture. To me, it is well worth the extra $20.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies, so it doesn't move around when firing at all? Even with a 7.62 kit?

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
You should be fine with a 7.62. It may bounce on the spring a little during recoil but you'd never notice it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts