XCR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious to know what you guys have experienced with accuracy after say 10k+ rounds through your rifle. Getting 1 MOA? less or greater 1 MOA? Terra, what about you and your 300k dirty gun? have you had to change your barrel? I'm just wondering what kind of wear is to be expected, and yes, i'll be shooting thousands and thousands of rounds through my gun, I have the rounds/money. I'm just anxiously waiting my gun to be shipped to me already :banghead:

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
It all depends on the bullet weight and velocity. Also how many rounds you fire in what ammount of time. If you shoot ten thousand rounds in a day the barrel will fail early probably same day. If you do it over a year, it will last longer. If chromed to military specs and using hot ammo you should see reasonable life of perhaps 30,000 rounds. Will it hold an inch all the way through, probably not.

There are so many different factors that will affect barrel life I don't think you will get a definitive answer.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Mickey and TEXAS SOLFTAIL both nailed it,it all depends on the parameters you expect the barrel to perform too,and the variables at which you induce the wear on it.If you have that much money for ammo,the price of a barrel ain't no biggie,Besides the XCR,while plenty accurate for most applications isn't exactly built for pinhole accuracy anyway.If it still shot under 3 moa after 30,000 rounds,you could still use it for close range,say under 100 yards,training.That's just a hypothetical,your mileage will vary.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
With the currently available barrels, I think you'd have to get a "factory freak" to have a true 1 MOA rifle even from the start; and other points are outlined above.

If you are buying that much ammo, another $350 for a second barrel that can be dropped in in 60 seconds isn't going to hurt you too much.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well thanks for the info, my inquiry was just for shits and giggles and getting a rough idea of what to expect and what to buy for a parts kit. I'll go back to pacing around the room waiting for the XCR to get here :D

·
Registered
923 Posts
I have around 12,000 rounds through mine and most of them are wolf or silver bear, I can typically get 4 - 5 MOA using my Eotech but I am sure somone who is a better shot could do better

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Mine shot about 1.5 MOA with a crosshair scope and 62grain tips. With 69 grain SMKs I can get closer to 1 MOA. Though that is more down to the quality of the bullet than the load. It will shoot about 2-3 with an EOTech or red dot.

16" Light barrel, old gas system.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Hey "Tac", your 4-5" MOA's, at what yardage with your 12000+ rounds down range?

I have around 12,000 rounds through mine and most of them are wolf or silver bear, I can typically get 4 - 5 MOA using my Eotech but I am sure somone who is a better shot could do better

·
Registered
923 Posts
Hey "Tac", your 4-5" MOA's, at what yardage with your 12000+ rounds down range?

100 yards, but recently I have not been as well as I had been, I think it is because I have not been to the range as often as I had been going but I am getting around 6 to 8 MOA at last check, it is definitely me and not the weapon.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Nope. Dirty little Miss 666 still has the original light barrel. :) We did upgrade the gas block, finally, for convenience's sake. ;D

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
#666 is the rifle we all check out regularly. Every time I take her to the range she is pretty dead on, even with iron sights. I'm still pulling 1" groupings at 100 yards with her.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I agree with Bolster. Black Hills ammo is awesome! I have about 4000 through one of my xcr's and it shoots about 1moa with an Aimpoint ML-2 dot scope. I took the liberty of "breaking in" the barrel because I am an idiot and didn't realize that I can replace it for cheap... anyway, It shoots accurate, and it stays pretty clean. All I shoot through it now is Golden Tiger and it works flawlessly. I crushed a rabbit at 350 yards with Wolf ammo! I have no complaints. Probably why I am working on my 7th or 8th rifle. (I've lost count.)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts