XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the wife and I went and watched Body of Lies last night. Ok movie and all, but I would rather download it or something rather than see it in the theater. I told her after the movie that I was flawless in it because I identified every single firearm that I saw in the movie.

Now am I the only one that does that? I mean watch a movie or tv show and immediately figure out either audibly or in your head what kind of weapon it is?

Please tell me I'm not alone!

·
Registered
34 Posts
HI
NO YOUR ARE NOT ALONE ON THAT ONE. I DRIVE MY FAMILY CRAZY WITH EVERY MOVIE I WATCH THAT I HAVE TO TELL THEM MAKE AND MODEL OF EACH FIREARM AND HOW MANY ROUNDS THE MAGAZINE REALLY HOLDS IN THE REAL WORLD NOT THE MOVIES!!!!!! BEEN DOING THAT FOR HOW LONG I CANNOT REMEMBER, EVEN BACK IN THE B RATED WESTERNS ;D

G

·
nope not alone.

I figure that if my wife can identify EVERY actor in a show, then I oughta at least be able to ID the guns they carry.

trust me, she has her area of expertise too. ;)

·
Registered
874 Posts
I used to be the same way now I don't do it as much as I know it annoyed some people but secretly I tell myself what gun each one is.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I do the same thing but I try to keep it to myself unless I am with someone like me who does the same thing and then we turn it into a competition

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I keep quiet until I hear someone spouting B.S. like the guys saying the snipers in Blackhawk Down were both carrying HK PSG-1s and UPS45s.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Pretty much the same as Tac,I try to not annoy anyone anymore.I have done that plenty in the past and know not everyone shares my overenthusiasm. ;D.What annoys the living hell out of me though is when they use guns that were from the future or some other screwup.My number one peeve is when a 8 round 1911 fires 30 rounds before a reload or something similar.It ain't rocket science.How hard would it be to get stuff like that right.I know it's a movie but for me in screws up the entertainment value when it pegs my bullshit meter.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I am right there with you, my wife is used to it now. She hates it when I us the DVR and rewind a scene to get a better look at a gun, just to make sure I got it right.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lol ok I'm sane!

Yeah its usually only around the wife and sometimes she even asks me what type of gun it is. I usually do it in my head though. Magic bullets drive me crazy too, a six shooter that somehow has a 30 round cylinder makes me unhappy and I just can't really watch a movie like that.

FYI Body of Lies has an M1A Scout in it, and that is a fine rifle :) I saw it in a scene and all I could pick out was the .308 mag, and I was excited, then they showed it a little more and I ID'd it :)

YAY i'm not crazy!

·
Registered
384 Posts
i cant id them, but i hate urealistic fight scenes. except for the matrix it was the bomb!!!! but watch commado fight scenes are total garbage!!!!!

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
I tend to point out the realities and dumb ass reactions and actions. My wife has got used to it when my friends are round and we argue tactica, three different countries' military forces involved so there are lots of different training factors involved.

It can get quite heated!

·
Registered
312 Posts
I don't know. You guys sound pretty out there. OkOk, I can't keep a straight face.
My buddies & me used to always do that, especially count the number of rounds fires out of the "Infinity Mag" that never runs out. Or do body counts from an Arnold movie.
BTW: theres a website & forum dedicated to the guns used in movies. They all talk about any errors and indentify the BSMG's (BullShitMovieGuns). I'm at work right now but I'll find that site when I get home.

Anyways, you are not alone.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
What always get's me is how they can hit everything while shooting from the hip and moving, but they always miss the easy aimed shot. Go figure.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
My wife is getting better. She's already got the cars and vehicles sorted. She can recognize a glock at 50 yards though.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts