XCR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I'm new to posting here but I have been lurking for a while. Just a little background, I have been interested in getting a rifle for some time now and after bouncing around a bit from an ar-15 to an ak, I have decided that I really want an XCR to be my first rifle.

I want to submit an order direct from Robinson Arms but I have a question that maybe someone can answer for me. I have never ordered a firearm from online but I do know it has to be shipped to an FFL. The problem is, I might be relocating soon and don't want to set something up with an FFL around here then find out 5 weeks later that I am somewhere else. I understand there is quite a waiting period on the XCR right now and want to know if I can submit my order but wait to submit an FFL until closer to ship time?

One more question, if an assault weapons ban does come to fruition between now and before one could get a rifle shipped, does that mean that purchase can no longer happen?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
923 Posts
First of all Welcome to the Family iLoveMy1911

About your first question the only person that can answer that will be Terra

The second question I do not think anyone can answer for sure it is my opinion that it will depend on how the law is wrote but I am not sure

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
We are 8 weeks out. If you feel you're going to move within 5-6 you might want to set up the order through a dealer in the new area.

We have plenty of receivers. Enough to survive an AWB and if production isn't interrupted too soon, two presidential terms instead of one.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
We have plenty of receivers. Enough to survive an AWB and if production isn't interrupted too soon, two presidential terms instead of one.

Holy Schnikees!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the quick responses! Terra, unfortunately, I don't know WHERE I will be going. I just graduated from college and am doing the job search thing. I could end up in a lot of different places. If I set up an order now using a dealer where I am and I do move, can I just always change that with you all? Sorry if these sound like stupid questions but I have really never done the FFL transfer thing before.

Also, how does that exactly work. Do I go to the dealer here and tell them I want to do a transfer and they send you information? Do I do this before I order from you? Again, sorry if these are dumb questions!

As far as the AWB goes, I was just wondering how it was done with the previous ban. If you already have the receivers made does that mean they can still be sold as "pre-ban" weapons?

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
The old ban said they had to configured as "assault weapons" prior to the ban to be grandfathered. There is a burden of proof issue and the issue was who the burden was on. Gov't rhetoric.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
when you are ready to order, you need to first pick out an FFL holder. Once you have confirmed with them that they will be ok with doing a transfer for you, you can then have them fax over their FFL. When you place the order on the website, be sure to put the FFL's name and location, even contact info in the shipping details. then we can log their FFL in, put the order right in, and it's pain free and quick.

Some people place orders and give no shipping info. We have to hound them with emails and phone calls for weeks trying to find out if they want it or if they were just price checking. It's a real pain in the ass. don't do it. Or I will definitely be painting yours pink, purple, and blue with daisies.

·
Registered
986 Posts
when you are ready to order, you need to first pick out an FFL holder. Once you have confirmed with them that they will be ok with doing a transfer for you, you can then have them fax over their FFL. When you place the order on the website, be sure to put the FFL's name and location, even contact info in the shipping details. then we can log their FFL in, put the order right in, and it's pain free and quick.

Some people place orders and give no shipping info. We have to hound them with emails and phone calls for weeks trying to find out if they want it or if they were just price checking. It's a real pain in the ass. don't do it. Or I will definitely be painting yours pink, purple, and blue with daisies.
Terra,

He is a newby be gentle... Just paint it pink and call it good....

UR #1 Minion

·
Registered
5,177 Posts

Terra,

He is a newby be gentle... Just paint it pink and call it good....

UR #1 Minion
You might have to fight some people to earn that title, you know. 8)

·
Registered
986 Posts
I have proximity to my advantage and I am willing to exploit any advantage I can get. Besides do you want the green boots???? >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Dredd,you have an unfair advantage!! ;D >:D

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've heard that they'll send a confirmation when they actually enter the info like a week later, but I don't know since I called a few days after placing my order and confirmed it over the phone. There's no automatic confirmation email, which is something I think they should do something about personally since you're certainly not the first person to ask this question on here...

·
Registered
986 Posts
Dredd,you have an unfair advantage!! ;D >:D
DTOM,

I know I should feel guilty, but I DON'T!!!!! >:D As I have state before I am a BAD MAN!!!! Anyway if you want me to put in a good word just let me know... I will work for ammo..... ;D

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
LOL...Thanks for the offer...she loves me too..your just closer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts