XCR Forum banner

Questions go here :-)

23K views 70 replies 26 participants last post by  wombat338 
#1 ·
If anyone needs to ask me about a VEPR or an M96, post them here, please. :thanks:

Discussion starter · #3 ·
1. M96 - 8.5 lbs, VEPR - 8.35 lbs
2. The fifth dimension, just off Orion's belt.
3. Black, green, tan... i've seen them all.
4. Yes, both come in California-legal models. That's why we have Chris at LAN world. he does all the dirty cali work. :D
5. M96 came in 5.56, the VEPR came in Cal 7.62x39mm, .223 Rem, 5.45x39mm, and .308 Win.
6. only spare parts, for both guns.
7. Ty doesn't like you. :D
8. I will toilet paper his car, but that's as far as I go. And I want $50 for the service.
9. of course!
10. I dont like turkey, or traditional for that matter, so I'm having loaded mashed potatos, steak, and a whole bunch of pumpkin pie. MMMMM.

I win! ;D

Discussion starter · #6 ·
I just asked Curtis about that... he says that they made maybe one or two of the 7.62 bolts for the M96, and that was just for research. It never went into production, and we never made any others. all we have is the 5.56 bolts.

Discussion starter · #10 ·
They actually never made it into production. The company in Russia fell through on us before the stocks became a reality. With no more VEPRs available to us, the stock faded to the background.

Ace LTD has a folder that fits on the VEPR. However, you must cut off the tang in order for it to fit.

Discussion starter · #14 ·
Hi Blazer,

No, we no longer make the M96. :( It was a very complicated and time-consuming rifle to build. Three hours of welding per gun, along with different finishes, etc., gave us cause to switch to something much simpler and better. Hence the XCR. Alex has mumbled around doing another batch of M96s... but with so much on our plate, I don't know if it will be a possibility.

Honestly, we would never have let the VEPRs slip away if it could be helped. The company flat out refused to sell to us anymore after the new owners took over. Left us high and dry and quite sad about the whole affair. I don't know if we will import again... It would be just awesome, though.

Discussion starter · #16 ·
The .308 is still in the works. I think in the .308 section Alex posted some pictures of the initial drawings for it... Not sure. Hunt around, you might get lucky and find them. :)

Discussion starter · #18 ·
1. Other than it starting with "RA", can you tell by the serial number if a M96 requires any of the upgrades?

2. Do you have any optics mounts left for the M96?

There are photos on the M96 website depicting parts needing upgrades. You can compare the parts to your rifle's and tell that way.

For a scope mount, go go www.thekaiserworks.com. They're the only ones who have on for the M96. ;)

Discussion starter · #20 ·
The upgrade serial numbers start with HP. But, like I said, you have to look at the pictures on the M96 website to tell for sure. There is a 50% any HP rifle needs the upgrades.

Discussion starter · #26 ·
My understanding was that they claimed they were too busy. They wanted to start building some new factories, and didn't have time or resources to worry about exporting. ???

Discussion starter · #31 ·
yes, it's true. For example... Wolf ammunition has harder primers than, say, Remington. When you shoot these two different rounds, you will notice that there is more cratering on the Remington than on the Wolf. It's because of the difference in hardness.

Discussion starter · #48 ·
I will do my best to make sure I keep enough inventory to take care of you all for the years to come. You will never be left hanging if something breaks.

And no, I cannot sell parts kits. No spares at this time, only replacements/repairs please. This is so EVERYONE can receive service to their rifles when needed. I have to think about the larger picture.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.