XCR Forum banner
21 - 40 of 71 Posts
OK Terra.

I have bought two XCR rifles from you guys ,Ive talked to you on the phone and we worked out some small stuff.
I didn't know you didn't make the M96 anymore ,and i was so impressed by my XCRs i ordered one from an FFL.
Without even looking at your web site ,because i knew i was getting a RA M96 .
After i looked at galil rifles going for 3k , saw an MSAR fall apart in a guys hands.
It doesn't bother a group of people to pay 3 grand for a Galil ,or an H&K used ,so why not continue to build the gun on a limited scale ,or allow people to order them ,and charge more ?
Its a steel receiver ! In 223 , it works and people liked them ,like some like H&K.
And it is one hell of a lot better than 80% of the 223 trash being offered to us from Europe these days ,Euro Trash.
All of this made me just shake my head and say to myself , I'm just going to go buy that M96 ,because for the same money it has to be far better.

You reminded me to look at my 96, so I shot 100 rounds today. I presently have the 6mmx.223 (6x45) barrel installed so thats what I shot. 85 grain bullet out of a resized .223/5.56 case. Shoots one hell of a lot harder than the 5.56. No problems with the M96, now it is cleaned and oiled and sitting in the gun safe. ;D :rockon:

Yup! just about the time Robarms says they will stop makeing them ,now everyone just has to have one.
largely ignored over the fervor of the XCR , most people including myself had never heard of Robinson .
So the concentration was to get your XCR and get it while you can ,and i bought two.
Then while cruising around on a few gun forums ,a well known H&K lover and firearm review critic mentioned that the M96 was to be discontinued . He was upset because he had one and it was in the top 5 of his favorite rifles.
He went on to explain that it was a knock off of the Stoner 63 and showed pics of the 63 and Impact guns followed up with the history and pics also.
Being the last steel receiver built in the US in 223 ,(Ruger dont count ) ,even the hard core H&K guys all of a sudden wanted one because now it had recognition.
With the total flood of AR type rifles on the market today ,the M96 stood alone ,not only a good rifle but a legion.
Several 96 enthusiast had tooled up to offer after market products for the guns and were announcing that soon on their web sites ,things that would make the 96 look like a 63 squad automatic.
Bipods ,Carrying handles , Barrels with a flash hider and a belt feed conversion that made this rifle look like an M60.
But Noooooo , not only can a person not special order the rifle and pay what it take to get it ,you just cant get it .
On one site they poor fellows that bought H&K 93 clones from places like Hessie arms ,and other junk dealers wanted to get a 96 ,seeing how a wore out 93 can still cost you 3k.
So therein lays the dilemma ,so i went and bought another 96 , and one of the dealers who had one of them i bought has contacted Terra about getting the update before i pay him the full amount ,the other dealer has shipped already so if it is needing it i will send it to Terra also.
Dropping the 96 like a rock Terra doesn't help those who own the XCR ,the AK is understandable , but being allowed to at least order it at a higher price and wait for it to be made would be far better.
The one 96 i have shot is going to Ohio to become a belt fed ,M60 knock off without costing 15k ,It doesn't belong to me ,but i will post photos , and a gun like that for under 3k is going to make people crazy to want one.

Hey Click Click, if you shoot your barrel out ...... then just have it bored to the 6mm/.223 oe 6x46. This round uses the same bolt and mag. :2cents: I have a post so you can check it out. ;D

Discussion starter · #31 ·
yes, it's true. For example... Wolf ammunition has harder primers than, say, Remington. When you shoot these two different rounds, you will notice that there is more cratering on the Remington than on the Wolf. It's because of the difference in hardness.

yes, it's true. For example... Wolf ammunition has harder primers than, say, Remington. When you shoot these two different rounds, you will notice that there is more cratering on the Remington than on the Wolf. It's because of the difference in hardness.
but i that difference enough to break a firing pin? is so ruger has some crummy firing pins....

I have a Recon version of the M96, and would love to get the 20'' barrel and possibly a Bren Gun Conversion. I would also be interested in any different color furniture you might have. I am not competely sure, but I thought furniture was produced in tan, green, and white, in addition to the standard black furniture. Thanks for any info you could give me.

Got this message from them...

ATTENTION CUSTOMERS: KAISER DEFENSE IS NO LONGER ACCEPTING NEW ORDERS AT THIS TIME, EXISTING ORDERS WILL BE FILLED IN A TIMELY MANNER. WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE

21 - 40 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.