XCR Forum banner
41 - 60 of 71 Posts
I've called and left them a couple of messages. I'm looking for the lower forearm rail they made for the M96. I have an M96 recon with the upper scope rail and I just puchased a surefire M900 light/vert grip and I'd like to mount it on my M96.

I just left their site after getting the owner's email address. Maybe I'll have better luck emailing him.

Regards,

R

Where can I get pins for my M96 rifle

I old the would like to get pin replacement kit for my M96. I have original pins but none are large enough to stay in place to hold the magwell in place. I am using the largest pin I can find but it is loose and falls out easily. I will try to give better information later. By the way I have an Upper "Bren" kit. It really brings on the conversations at the range.
Konrad

How many M96's were built? I broke a trigger a while back and you replaced it for me (great customer service by the way, you guys didnt even ask how it happened, you just fixed it :)). Helps that I live about ten miles from your factory. Do I need to worry about you running out of replacement parts any time soon should something else break? I guess my real question is, would I be better off selling the gun before it breaks and I cant get it fixed? No offense, I like the gun, but that is a valid question given the fact that they are no longer in production.

One more while Im bored. I like the recon carbine. Mine is a full size klinton ban era gun with the brake machined into the barrel. I want a flash hider. It pisses me off when I look at it and remember that pointless infringement of our rights. How much would you guys charge me to cut, crown and thread the barrel to carbine length?

I would like to have a 20in barrel and I would like to have my recon barrel threaded and a vortex FH installed, so I would be interested as well. Also since this weapon may not be around ever again. Is there a "pats kit" you can put together and sell us? Also if the bolt goes in 5-10 yrs we're screwed so I would like to have another bolt as well. I love the rifle and would like to shoot it more, but I'm afraid that if something happens to it...i'm going to have a really nice paperweight in the future.

Discussion starter · #48 ·
I will do my best to make sure I keep enough inventory to take care of you all for the years to come. You will never be left hanging if something breaks.

And no, I cannot sell parts kits. No spares at this time, only replacements/repairs please. This is so EVERYONE can receive service to their rifles when needed. I have to think about the larger picture.

:ninja: Shawn  :ninja: really appreciates your due diligence.

One more while Im bored. I like the recon carbine. Mine is a full size klinton ban era gun with the brake machined into the barrel. I want a flash hider. It pisses me off when I look at it and remember that pointless infringement of our rights. How much would you guys charge me to cut, crown and thread the barrel to carbine length?
The last Robinson price list I have (Dated October 14, 2004) shows:

#20067, Flash Hider Installation Labor M96, $99.99

Wow! The company I came to admire and I'm sure I can find your post Tera, would have told the client to send it in and you guy's would do it for 50.00 plus the cost of whatever FH the client decided on.....I can't believe I'm reading this!!! not cool........at all. :-[

Wow! The company I came to admire and I'm sure I can find your post Tera, would have told the client to send it in and you guy's would do it for 50.00 plus the cost of whatever FH the client decided on.....I can't believe I'm reading this!!! not cool........at all. :-[
What part can't you believe? That RA doesn't have time to do work that isn't RA specific that a customer could have done somewhere else? Like here:

http://www.adcofirearms.com/shopservices/shop_.cfm?code=1

I'm sure that if they had time, Terra (with 2 "R"'s by the way) would have been able to accommodate him.

Discussion starter · #55 ·
I am strung out thin enough as it is. Please understand. I'm having a hard enough time finding a moment to take care of all my service duties on top of assembly nowadays. If I could do it now, I would.

I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause people, but we have to run a business... and shipping rifles is business. I have an obligation to the XCR customer base, too.

Custom work ususally costs more having the manufacturer do it than another company that specializes in custom gunsmithing anyway.This may or may not apply in RA's case but it's normal under most circumstances. :2cents:

look I'm not in a hurry to have it done, I'm just saying that when I became a member here and before when I wast just lurking around I wouldn't have thought to hear a response like that. I am, however, happy that RA is doing well and will wait patiently until they're able to accomodate me.

I speak my mind as I see, but I'm not trying to bask or stir up anything. I like RA and plan to purchase a mini uppered 7.62 XCR in the future.

Hi Terra, I recently purchased a used (new) M96 and found out that the trigger is the "type one" on the recall list. I called the other day, and spoke with a very helpful gentlemen (sorry I did not catch his name) and he said that I should send it in (to you) and you could update the trigger. I forgot to ask the address that I should send it to. Could you please let me know where I should send the the trigger group? Thanks, and sorry if it is listed on your website and I missed it.

Also, is there any chance that you have one of the tube stocks for sale? I live in an AWB state, and I would love to get one of the fixed tube stocks.

BTW, I also have an XCR, and I love it ;D. Keep up the good work.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.