XCR Forum banner
61 - 71 of 71 Posts
type one trigger group repair on M96

I have acquired a M96 with a type one trigger group. What do I need to do to have the trigger group repaired?
Do I ship the entire lower or just the trigger group?
Do I need an authorization to return lower for repair?
How long is turn around on repair?
THANKS

Re: Questions go here: M96 denting brass

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and have a quick question.

Background:
Recently I had an opportunity to purchase a near new M96 for half the original price from a relative. Unfortunately I didn't spend enough time researching it as I didn't realize they stopped making them until after I had bought it. Since I have purchased it, I have ran about 160 rnds through it on three different occasions. The first trip I didn't pay too much attention to the brass picking it up. On the other two trips I noticed that pretty much each brass had either a small dent or scratch in it. I am using two different magazines from two seperate companies and it doesn't seem to make a difference which one I was using.

Question:
How common is this and is there any adjustment I can do to correct it?

The reason I am asking is that I am thinking about getting back into reloading my spent brass. Growing up we wouldn't reuse brass with any sort of blem on them.

Thanks,

Haskett

unfortunately a lot of military type rifles will mess up brass. they have to be built to eject/extract under harsh condition so these parts have been built up and they tend to mess up the brass. HK's have a roller lock system with grooves around the chamber and I don't think you can reload any brass that has been fired from an Hk 9 series weapon.

I hope this helps.

Re: Questions go here: M96 denting brass

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and have a quick question.

Background:
Recently I had an opportunity to purchase a near new M96 for half the original price from a relative. Unfortunately I didn't spend enough time researching it as I didn't realize they stopped making them until after I had bought it. Since I have purchased it, I have ran about 160 rnds through it on three different occasions. The first trip I didn't pay too much attention to the brass picking it up. On the other two trips I noticed that pretty much each brass had either a small dent or scratch in it. I am using two different magazines from two seperate companies and it doesn't seem to make a difference which one I was using.

Question:
How common is this and is there any adjustment I can do to correct it?

The reason I am asking is that I am thinking about getting back into reloading my spent brass. Growing up we wouldn't reuse brass with any sort of blem on them.

Thanks,

Haskett
Most of the bass from firing my M96 exhibit the small blemish you describe. All I can think of doing is adjusting your gas port for the lowest setting that will still reliably cycle the action.

Okay thanks, its good to know that its not just my gun then. I'll try to adjust the setting when I am home this summer and see how it works out. I was hoping to start reloading the brass if possible.

I'm use the the theory that any blems = no reloading. Do many of you reload the 223 brass you shoot out?

Hoping to resurrect this thread. Terra, are you there? Hellooooooo, anybody home?:confused:
She is not. Terra left RA at least 4 years ago. If you have a specific question and can't find the answer using the search function, just start a new thread and folks will try to answer.

ETA: Terra still stops by here to post occasionally, but isn't on nearly as much as when she worked at RA.

It's actually been 5 years. Isn't that crazy? Time really flies.

Sorry I can't do more for you guys.
I started coming here right as you were leaving . . . you left so much good information on this site!

61 - 71 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.