XCR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone on this forum had a difficult time getting parts from RA? I ordered an AR stock adapter, was quoted a price and told the part was in stock. It just needed to be painted I was told. Apparently, their painter is on an extended hiatus. That was February and now it's damn near May.

·
Registered
22,973 Posts
Has anyone on this forum had a difficult time getting parts from RA? I ordered an AR stock adapter, was quoted a price and told the part was in stock. It just needed to be painted I was told. Apparently, their painter is on an extended hiatus. That was February and now it's damn near May.
Pretty normal for spare parts and anytime paint is involved. I waited a good 9 months for a painted to match brace that was "in stock" and just needed paint in 2020 IIRC.

Reactions: captain92

·
Registered
121 Posts
Damn, that's one thing for a full rifle, but for that kinda wait on an "in-stock" part I think I would accept it in whatever color they had or raw for that matter. Then pay someone local to paint it, or hell for that matter spray paint goes "pshhhhhhh"!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Possible explanation . . .
The unique parts for XCR’s are sometimes made by subcontractors. Because of material and personnel shortages, some suppliers have gone out of business or have long delays in deliveries. The last two years have been very difficult to find new quality suppliers when necessary and then get deliveries when expected.

Unfortunately, inventory systems can be off by one or two counts. What shows on a computer may not actually be in the bin. The back order on complete rifles may consume what may have been considered a spare part.

Nevertheless, good communication on the status of a pending order is always desirable.

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Terra made the most effort when she was there years ago. The best bet if you can’t find a part on this forum is to ping Nate or one of the dealers and simply wait. Frankly the problem is RobI don Armament isn’t run very well and while it is an interesting product Alex never really seemed to truly care about his customers. There are better products on the market now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts