XCR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that my 7.62x39 conversion is on its way, I've decided to start accessorizing my XCR as well. I keep seeing pictures of XCR's with these great looking rail covers. Think this would be a great addition, but don't know what's out there. I've read the posts on this forum about some covers that were too loose and rattled, others that were impossible to get on and off. Can anyone give me a recommendation for a good set of rail covers? Ones that fit well, are of good quality, look nice and are reasonably priced.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Personally, I prefer the MagPul / Falcon.

The ladder type tended to let too much heat through for my tastes, so I go with the full-size, large profile guards.

Believe it or not, the MagPul and Falcon are made in the same place. I've got both - it really depends on what kind of finish you want on 'em.

The MagPul has a textured finish, with lines to cut in (to shorten them) - the Falcons are diamondplate.

Of course, they're not cool unless they're flat dark earth or coyote tan.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
This is the best value unknown rail cover set out there,In my humble opinion.http://store.a51tactical.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=756
One pack for 11 bucks covers all three rails 3,6,9,on the XCR,plus they have a nice no tack rubber texture.They are easy on but stay put,short so you can take off a section to add something without cutting them,overall very kool.

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
This is the best value unknown rail cover set out there,In my humble opinion.http://store.a51tactical.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=756
One pack for 11 bucks covers all three rails 3,6,9,on the XCR,plus they have a nice no tack rubber texture.They are easy on but stay put,short so you can take off a section to add something without cutting them,overall very kool.
Yeah I have some of those on my XCR. I saw them and liked the feel and that I wouldn't need to cut them up. Have you had any problem with them sliding off? I haven't yet but I also haven't abused them very much yet either.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Nope they have never moved or came off unless I wanted them too,not to bad for extremely inexpensive gear.I like the feel of them too,The only thing I would change is make them flat on both ends so they fit tight together instead of that mild curve on one end,Although that's easy enough to fix,just trim it.

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
Nope they have never moved or came off unless I wanted them too,not to bad for extremely inexpensive gear.I like the feel of them too,The only thing I would change is make them flat on both ends so they fit tight together instead of that mild curve on one end,Although that's easy enough to fix,just trim it.
:D Alright, I have to say that may be getting a bit anal.

Actually I thought that was kind of odd too. After I messed around with them some, I think that may be on purpose so that you can get hold of them easier to slide them off.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
356 Posts
I had the Magpul Full Length XT Rail Panels but they made the fore end feel too bulky. I have average size hands and I don't think the XT Rail panels are all that large so I'm guessing no rail panels would feel good to me.

I switched to the Ladder Rail Protectors and they fit my hand great. None of my ranges allow rapid fire :( so I can't comment about heat transfer under any conditions other than plink 1...2...3... plink. They just fit me better.

Since I added the bipod and VFG I really don't use them anymore anyway. They look pretty sweet though. ;D

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I had the Magpul Full Length XT Rail Panels but they made the fore end feel too bulky. I have average size hands and I don't think the XT Rail panels are all that large so I'm guessing no rail panels would feel good to me.

I switched to the Ladder Rail Protectors and they fit my hand great. None of my ranges allow rapid fire :( so I can't comment about heat transfer under any conditions other than plink 1...2...3... plink. They just fit me better.

Since I added the bipod and VFG I really don't use them anymore anyway. They look pretty sweet though. ;D

Nice photo. I like the reflection in the polished granite.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. Ordered a set of the Area 51's a couple of days ago - so if they don't work out I'm going to come looking for you dont_tread. ;D I figured for $11.00 I basically couldn't go wrong. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
I'll tell you what,if you don't like them I'll buy em' from you,how's that for a recommendation?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts