XCR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone play this at all? I've got it on Xbox 360 and I dragged it out a couple of weeks ago (COD 4 is getting old). Anyway, there are some great weapons on that game.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
G3 + M249 = WIN

I've played that a BUNCH and i've got to a warrant officer I think.... got all of the weapons and such.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I finished the story yesterday... but my rank isn't very high. I like the game a lot, actually. It didn't get the air time it deserved due to COD4. I used the Knights Armament XM110 last night. It was sweet. My main one is the M468... hits hard.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
It chews through ammo too quickly, that G3 is a one stop shop. If you play terrorist hunting online you get experience quicker and that gets you the other weapons. I always carry a machine gun with me due to reloading. When you play online you dont want to reload, it gets pretty darn hard.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
I didn't care for the accuracy of the S.A.W. The S.M.G's don't seem to as much and the cyclic rate is slower so you can squeeze off singles easier for head shots.It seemed to walk too bad too.
I also like to keep the cans on,It's not as effective as it would be in real life though.In other words if you snipe one guy,his buddy automatically starts shooting at you like he has a sixth sense where the shot came from.I know it's a video game but if the dude I'm talking to just lost his brain matter on my shirt,I think my ass would be looking for some cover a.s.a.p.
I can't really tell the difference in stopping power with the m46.8,but I admit I haven't used it much.All the assault rifles seem pretty similar in stopping power.The G3 is another story though,that my go to weapon for shielded enemies,but grenades work purty damn skippy too ;D

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Well the trick is with ANY of the actual machine guns is to equip it with the recoil control stock and no more creep. I like the SAW just because its one of those weapons that are hard to get, has a very fast rate of fire and stopping power.

There is a BIG difference in bad guys when you are having to shoot alot. The .308s and one shot stoppers. When you play online you really need to use it on auto rather than single shot and you chew through ammo in a hurry.

My :2cents: is to use the SCAR-H and some machine gun online terrorist hunt. Lots of bad guys carry the SCAR so you pick up ammo, and the machine guns dont need to be reloaded until you've killed atleast 10 or so :)

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
VB,I guess it depends on your tastes.I haven't played either online because of my connection,but as far as comparing the two,I would say VegasII is more of a S.W.A.T or tactical entry kind of game.You can't take many hits either.Weapons selection and customization is much better in VegasII,at least in story mode.I like them both,but for different reasons.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I liked the COD4 story a whole lot better and had more fun playing it. Most people like COD online but I hate it being a halo player. I do like the weapons and the customization that you can do and have fun playing terrorist hunt.

I would say Vegas 2 would be a game where you can play by yourself over and over and have fun... COD4 not so much.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
I've never been crazy about how Call of Duty skips around with the main character.While it's kinda nifty to be able to use characters from different nations,I think it takes away from the storyline to keep switching up.That said I still like the story of both games,while at the same time I wish first person shooters had more plot/storyline development.
One thing I like better about Vegas is the two player co-op,This in my opinion is a feature that has been left out of too many great games.Developers need to realize not everyone has high speed internet where they live,therefore playing with a friend is their only option.
In my opinion I think Battlefield:Bad Company has alot to offer,descent weapon variety/with good iron sights,descent story,vehicle choice and control is good(who don't like to blow up shit with a tank),and some of the one liners are hilarious.The maps are pretty large too,so you have some options as to how to replay missions.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I play both and like tread said ... it's all about your tastes. I find for me I switch back and forth. Rainbow is much more tactical that COD4 (kind of run and gun) but sometimes that is what I want.

I am more tactical by nature so it seems to be my "more played" game.

Cheers,

M.

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
mr. xcr plays it now and then. He is terribly spoiled, and has way too many games to keep up with all of them. :duh:
"mr xcr" ???? .... dam just ruined it for me. I was hoping there was no Mr. XCR, just a misses XCR ;D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts