XCR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that have had to order your XCR's, how long did it take to get yours? I havent been able to find any locally, and it looks like Ill have to order one through a dealer. Luckily I found one who would do it (One of the Class 1 Dealers from the website), most have never heard of the XCR, a few didnt have any more, and one told me they couldnt do it, which I found odd. Why wouldnt you want to make money off a guaranteed sell, I want my XCR! :)

·
Registered
874 Posts
It took me about 9 months but I live in Canada so it is a considerably longer wait to get an XCR up here.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
perfectmatch,
I walked into my local gun shop on April 26th (the libs are scaring me right now) and ordered my XCR in 6.8 SPC with a folding stock. On this forum {see 6.8 XCR under Robinson} I asked Terra how long? Her reply was 6 to 8 weeks. No problem, I waited that long for my DSA Tactical Carbine. It gives you some time to come up with the cash. Imagine my surprise and the hit to my pocket book when the shop called the day after Memorial Day and told me it was in! Wow, about four weeks. I now think Terra set me up. Ha Ha!
Warning! After you order the rifle stay away from the shop. Do not go in and check on arrival dates. Be patient, please! It cost me big time. On one of my forays I gave into temptation and purchased a S&W 1911 5" Scandium Pistol because I found out they were only going to make them with a rail [confirmed by the 2008 catalog] which I don't care for on my CCW pistols.
Also, get your hi-cap mags for it now!
Col Maddog

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
One more thing for your rifle and mine, join the NRA!

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
If you are ordering from a dealer than what exactly is your question?

I don't think there is anyway to predict how long it will take to get a rifle if you ordered from RobArms directly because it depends on what they have in stock and in what phase of development they are with a particular batch. They do a bunch of heavy barrels, then a bunch of light barrels, etc. So if you were to order something that they had just finished making it would probably go out within a few days. If you order something they don't have in stock and are only starting to make, then it could take weeks.

If you want your rifle pronto, find a dealer that has what you want in stock and order that.

I got mine from Kermit "Wild Thang Farms". I had my rifle within a few days of my check clearing.

- lex

·
Registered
153 Posts
I just picked mine up last week. The wait was about 6 weeks. It took a little longer than I had hoped, but it was worth the wait.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you want your rifle pronto, find a dealer that has what you want in stock and order that.
That was the plan, but people are buying these things the second they hit the rack. Terra is looking at the latest dealer list so Ill have a few more places to look, but failing that, Ill just have to order and wait (which is what I wanted to avoid). Thanks for the responses, it does give me an idea of what kind of time Im looking at if I do have to place an order.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just got my phone call from Terra informing me that my new barrel is shipping, three weeks earlier than promised.

Great job Terra!

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
For those of you that have had to order your XCR's, how long did it take to get yours? I havent been able to find any locally, and it looks like Ill have to order one through a dealer. Luckily I found one who would do it (One of the Class 1 Dealers from the website), most have never heard of the XCR, a few didnt have any more, and one told me they couldnt do it, which I found odd. Why wouldnt you want to make money off a guaranteed sell, I want my XCR! :)
I've purchased 2 XCR's. And my total wait time was about...15 seconds. I have 3 stocking dealers near me so getting my hands on one is no problem at all. As I always recommend to new buyers, ask who has stock instead of ordering and waiting for 9 weeks.

This is a good thing because it clears inventory off dealers shelves whichs makes them order more XCR's

1 - 10 of 10 Posts