XCR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Lex pin this)

GUYS:

YOU MUST TURN YOUR GAS DOWN AFTER 250-300 ROUNDS. IF YOU DO NOT, YOUR RIFLE WILL OVERCYCLE AND WILL DESTROY YOUR RECOIL BUFFER. I HAVE TALKED TO FOUR PEOPLE THIS MONTH NOW WHO HAVE HAD THIS ISSUE. JUST TURN YOUR GAS DOWN AND IT WILL NOT HAPPEN.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Terra,

If I turn my gas down below setting 4 I have failure to hold the bolt open as well as some problems with the rifle not chambering the last round in the mag and my rifle has about 1500 rounds through it. The recoil buffer on mine looks good.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Something's off in your gas block. either the ports on the dial or the port on your barrel is too small. Which is in your favor, since you're getting at least enough gas to cycle on 4.

Still.. shouldn't be doing that. If I sent you the specs on the holes, would you have access to gauge pins to test which were out of spec?

·
Registered
874 Posts
I can't buy wolf ammo in Canada so that is not an issue. I don't think I could access gauge pins.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, even if you are using wolf. Once the XCR is worn in completely, you still need to shoot it on a lower setting.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Mine is reliable on Gas Setting 2 with Silver Bear

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had this same failure to hold the bolt open and some problems with the rifle not chambering a round as well. I loosened the gas block, did a little realigning jiggle and re-tightend. I did have the gas block off so likely did not get it back on properly. Presto 100% reliability at gas #2.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
I had something similar happen on my Armalite 180b.I had to take off the gas block to install the midwest industries railed forend and even though I made witness marks I still had it just a fuzz off,and it wouldn't cycle wolf steel cased ,but would run fine on lake city or similar.So I fine tuned it and it's fine nowthe holes in the block and barrel are probably just a spec off.Try
moving it forward or back just a touch and it should fix it.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts