XCR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
They make these things in red and green. No one thought to make one that switches back and forth between colors, so you have to pick one. Has anyone compared the two options?

I am leaning very heavily toward the Primary Arms SLx 1x MicroPrism.
The etched reticle is easier to see with old eyes and visible when the battery goes dead.
And the price point is REALLY appealing. With the positive reviews, it seems to be a high return on dollars spent.

The red and green color throws in another decision.
Green is supposed to be better for bad eyes (a theme with this decision) and better in daylight.
(Edit, some errors originally.)
But not great with green trees and grass as the background in the daytime.
I'm in the suburbs, and people keep cutting the trees down, but there's still a lot of green.
Red is supposed to be better at night.
I haven't seen any night sights for the IMI flip up sights that came with the rifle.

Is there a clear winner in this?

·
Super Moderator
277 Posts
Your eyes pickup green a little easier, but it can effect your night vision. I used to buy green everything but now I don't care (outside of lasers, green seems to perform a bit better there).

PA 1x has adjustable diopter so that should help with your eyes. Just be aware it has eye relief/box unlike a red dot.
Edit: you could also get the 3x magnifier version and throw it behind a dot

·
Registered
23,091 Posts
I have both in various PA optics....frankly, it doesn't make any difference to me....and I have very compromised eyesight.

Reactions: themousethatroared
1 - 4 of 4 Posts