XCR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
6,143 Posts
I usually reload the drill with another bit when progress slows, or I need to put a deeper hole in the rock.

· Premium Member
6,143 Posts
It's important to practice things like that so that even if you can perform the actions while moving for instance, you don't just tunnel in on that one task. You still have to be aware of what's going on around you.

· Premium Member
6,143 Posts
Master reloading before trying to reload on the move. I've been to quite a few classes and have seen people fall because they were trying to do two things, but had no proficiency in either.
No proficiency moving? I've been moving my entire life.

Why learn something twice? If you are going to change mags on the move, practice changing mags on the move. After doing that, changing mags standing still will be easy.
I believe he's saying master one aspect at a time, then build on that. Trying to do too many new things at once usually just leads to a person doing them all wrong. If you're comfortable with mag changes standing still, great, go ahead and start adding other elements.

· Premium Member
6,143 Posts
You don't start out learning to snowboard by sliding off a jump do you? You go slow, try to learn to stay upright, control your speed, your direction then you build on that as you go. Hopefully by the time you hit a jump you have all that other stuff down.

It's no different really with any other series of complex actions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.