XCR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4,440 Posts
I'm gonna have to agree with VB on his reloading technique. I've seen it done with the weapon still pointed down range, but I'm gonna fall back on how we were trained.

Ideally you're gonna move to whatever cover is available, or pending the situation, you can take a knee. If you have to reload while moving forward, I like reloading one way consistently. (This includes the same "workspace" I bring my pistol to when reloading that as well.)

Mick, I know you've been moving all your life, but how often or how many times a day do you move with a rifle or having to reload your rifle. Get your technique down and as Mickey stated above, crawl walk run. That's just my opinion of course.

Chris, just to give you an advantage for when you get your contract, whenever you move from station to station safe, high port and run. You'll have a leg up when you get there.

· Registered
4,440 Posts
How often will that "something else" get someone killed if you do it wrong. If you don't know the fundamentals and have them down so you can do it repetitiously (safely), how can you expect to be able to proficiently do it when adding an activity like running let alone running into fire or while being fired at?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.