XCR Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
22,807 Posts
I'm curious if they are trying to fulfill pistols faster than rifles
I would guess so....but don't know. I had them ask if I would take an MLok upper....instead of the KM I have on order to get it faster. My guess is the market is demanding more MLok than KM now....by a wide margin and they are less likely to do big production runs of the KM.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I've been waiting for my XCR-M since February. They haven't even replied to the last two emails that I sent asking for an update.

·
Registered
22,807 Posts
I've been waiting for my XCR-M since February. They haven't even replied to the last two emails that I sent asking for an update.
Send one to sales not tech, and type out 'Hi Holly,.....'

She's usually pretty good about answering.

·
Registered
22,807 Posts
I got the base model Ferrari.
XCR-L in .223/5.56. Black. Gas block 2. 16 inch barrel 1/9. The medium muzzle brake. M-Lock. Fast 2 stock.

I need to buy a box of ammo to break it in. Ammo prices should spike just about the time I click to post this message.
Standard length upper? (Assuming based on the Type 2 gas block). What made you go Type 2 on the block out of curiosity?

·
Registered
22,807 Posts
Reactions: Northern

·
Registered
49 Posts
Standard length upper? (Assuming based on the Type 2 gas block). What made you go Type 2 on the block out of curiosity?
You caught the same typo on the page that tripped me up. I was reading the specs off the confirmation email.
I went down the build page, and they still had a choice between two options. I read something about which one was more desirable and clicked through on the order. They asked after sending the confirmation email because they don;t offer that one. The blurb I was reading about the block had confused me.
It's the newer one.
Whole thing is standard except the slots (match the uninstalled hand guard for my other rifle) and the brake (read it was more useful than a hider).

·
Registered
22,807 Posts
That’s wild. I wonder how it got fast tracked.
Probably luck of the draw....happened to have the right combo of parts to build that particular gun.

Reactions: Northern

·
Registered
186 Posts
That sounds like it may confirm @Sean K.’s theory that it was because some parts were available — perhaps they have picatinny uppers on hand so once the barrel became available things were g2g.

·
Registered
22,807 Posts
That sounds like it may confirm @Sean K.’s theory that it was because some parts were available — perhaps they have picatinny uppers on hand so once the barrel became available things were g2g.
Yeah, can't imagine full rails are a common order anymore.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I’ve seen RobArms say on Instagram that some people still want it so they still make it, but it’s true that the website doesn’t present it as an option on the configurator any more. I can imagine it especially on a micro XCR; I mean, CZ Scorpion in the same size class also has pic rails on all four sides of the handguard. I’m curious how much weight it adds.
In any case, share some photos when yours arrives and tell us how it shoots!

21 - 40 of 51 Posts