XCR Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I’ve seen RobArms say on Instagram that some people still want it so they still make it, but it’s true that the website doesn’t present it as an option on the configurator any more. I can imagine it especially on a micro XCR; I mean, CZ Scorpion in the same size class also has pic rails on all four sides of the handguard. I’m curious how much weight it adds.
In any case, share some photos when yours arrives and tell us how it shoots!
when it's finished ill send some pics. I have to do some additional things to it. it will be a while as I just picked up an ACR

·
Registered
22,804 Posts
Lol, @gmail.com.

Fuck, that’s bobo. They can’t even bother getting a real email server.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hate gmail's formatting, but does it really matter as a tool to reach the company? I agree, it seems cheap....but for a small company, I'd likely do the same as a business owner.

Reactions: Northern

·
Registered
178 Posts
So what kinds of parts are the bottleneck in RA's production of the XCR? I heard somewhere that it could be barrels, being as they don't actually make the barrels themselves until it comes time to install the barrel extensions. What's the lead time for Micro Uppers? Uppers are the largest and probably the most sophisticated part I can think of on the rifle, but while they are waiting for barrels to arrive, maybe they are spending their time forging/machining these parts?

·
Registered
140 Posts
When I spoke with someone there about a month ago regarding my XCR-M build, they said the hangup on it was some small parts. A vendor that had been making them stopped without giving them notice. They had to find a new manufacturer.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Obviously market conditions have changed. Really since 2016 election, but more so now, especially with COVID.

What chaps my ass though is that, from what I can tell, RA has never had a back stock of spare or small parts. It’s extremely frustrating. Even more so with their online web order. If I order something through a web site, I expect it to ship within 72hrs, unless stated back order of course. It’s unfair but that is the state of e commerce.

For the life of me, I do not know why they don’t have, bolts, pins, o rings, springs, and screws just sitting there ready to go. Things break, that doesn’t mean the rifle is bad, but not being able to take care of a firearm in a timely manner is bad.

·
Registered
22,804 Posts
Obviously market conditions have changed. Really since 2016 election, but more so now, especially with COVID.

What chaps my ass though is that, from what I can tell, RA has never had a back stock of spare or small parts. It’s extremely frustrating. Even more so with their online web order. If I order something through a web site, I expect it to ship within 72hrs, unless stated back order of course. It’s unfair but that is the state of e commerce.

For the life of me, I do not know why they don’t have, bolts, pins, o rings, springs, and screws just sitting there ready to go. Things break, that doesn’t mean the rifle is bad, but not being able to take care of a firearm in a timely manner is bad.

100% in agreement there......I wonder if it's just a capital thing. RA can't afford to pay to have vendors make that large an order. Are we still in the 13-14K S/N for Ls? That's not very many sold considering how long it's been in production.

·
Registered
533 Posts
100% in agreement there......I wonder if it's just a capital thing. RA can't afford to pay to have vendors make that large an order. Are we still in the 13-14K S/N for Ls? That's not very many sold considering how long it's been in production.
I mean even keeping say 20-50 small parts on hand I would think would suffice. I’d really like to hear from the horses mouth as to why they don’t/can’t do that.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts