XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It sounds like deliveries of rifles are slow with Robinson. In the mean time, the company seems to have the time to produce images of XCRs that they have worked on on a weekly basis on their Facebook page. I take this as a good sign that the company is still working to ship out orders of new rifles. However, I've only been stalking the XCR for 4 weeks now and I'm still new to this rabbit hole. How do the XCR gurus here take the frequent Facebook updates from Robinson? Has their sales matched their posting output?

From 1/23/21 on their page, an XCR-L Mini Pistol. I figured an American rifle would burst into flames with a Chinese-brand optic mounted on it.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Who the hell knows? I'm guessing they are hammered with orders in the US. Canada is no longer a player, so that should free up there work load a bunch. But as nutty as the gun market is, it's anybody's guess.

·
Registered
23,031 Posts
Production output doesn't seem to match that high level of activity on the FB page (base on what you're saying) as people are waiting 6+ months for builds. I've been waiting since July for parts....with no end in sight.

Oh, and while Holosun is Chinese, they make some stuff that rivals or exceeds Trijicon's RMR (as an example).

Reactions: Chowwow

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I have had a rifle on order for awhile. The update I got was that they are waiting on parts from an outside vendor. My understanding is that BCM is having similar issues. It appears the entire supply chain is strained in the gun industry.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have had a rifle on order for awhile. The update I got was that they are waiting on parts from an outside vendor. My understanding is that BCM is having similar issues. It appears the entire supply chain is strained in the gun industry.
Fascinating. I wonder what kinds of parts are being held back? I thought Robinson used CNC machines and could build whatever they wanted?

·
Registered
23,031 Posts
Fascinating. I wonder what kinds of parts are being held back? I thought Robinson used CNC machines and could build whatever they wanted?
They don't make all their parts. Triggers (going in house soon I think) and bbls and tailhooks for pistols are just some of the things made elsewhere. Just b/c you have a generic CNC doesn't mean you can make "whatever" you want,JFYI.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've been waiting since September 30th 2020 for my new 556 upper and its looking like Ive got another month or two of waiting. Friend of mine said he was interested in getting a 308 xcr-m but doesn't want to wait half a year like I am.
Point being: Email them first how long your order would take if you plan on buying it, then multiply their ETA by 4. Once I get this upper, Im not buying anything until shit calms down (which it never will at this rate).

EDIT: they originally told me 8-10 weeks when I put the order in sept 30th, lmao

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Point being: Email them first how long your order would take if you plan on buying it, then multiply their ETA by 4. Once I get this upper, Im not buying anything until shit calms down (which it never will at this rate).

EDIT: they originally told me 8-10 weeks when I put the order in sept 30th, lmao
Tell me about it. All I did was email them on how long things would take on their end, and they haven't even shot me a message in a month!

·
Registered
23,031 Posts
Hopefully...I've got a 6.5G competition L rifle and a 9.5" M .308 upper on order.

Reactions: Northern

·
Registered
23,031 Posts
Reactions: Northern

·
Registered
23,031 Posts
The SCAR's an optic eating, unreliable POS....fairly accurate, when it runs though. Also lighter than the -M....

·
Registered
23,031 Posts
Not saying any of the above isn't true but watching Gunbroker the last half decade.... the rest of the gun world disagrees.
If you mean extraordinarily high asking prices and being snapped up quickly....I'd wager most of that is the 'operator wanna-be' crowd who are jazzed up b/c it won the SOCOM contract.

For some reason, can't find the whole video now....but Shawn Ryan and his guest were not kind about the reliability of the SCAR H.

This is the best I can do in terms of finding the preview of the video itself. Can't find it on YT at all.

To be fair, I never heard of ANY reliability issues with the SCAR prior to the comments Ryan made....based on his experience in the Teams, I may have put too much stock in what he and his friend observed.

·
Registered
561 Posts
When Sig releases their MCX 308, AKA Sig MCX Spear, it’s over for most competition IMHO.

Parts are attainable, the gun runs like a top, it’s light, easily convertible, and available through literally most dealers.

And damn it’s sexy AF.

The new SBR version dubbed “raptor” looks awesome too.

But as I’ve mentioned in other threads before, RA has a serious social networking in-ability. It honestly looks like they hired some boomer or fudd gen x’r to run it for them. They need a young gun person who has experience in SM to run it for them.

It frustrates me because I know how good this rifle is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
But as I’ve mentioned in other threads before, RA has a serious social networking in-ability. It honestly looks like they hired some boomer or fudd gen x’r to run it for them. They need a young gun person who has experience in SM to run it for them.
So Alex himself is running the Facebook page? Because that is what I suspected when I read about his past behavior on here and then what they've been posting on the RA Facebook page.

And is it me or do the comparisons that RA makes with the SCAR and ACR, et al, that they publish seem insecure and cringy? Reading direct comparisons between competing products is a very important tool when shopping around, sure, but to hear it from the manufacturer itself?

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
When Sig releases their MCX 308, AKA Sig MCX Spear, it’s over for most competition IMHO.

Parts are attainable, the gun runs like a top, it’s light, easily convertible, and available through literally most dealers.

And damn it’s sexy AF.

The new SBR version dubbed “raptor” looks awesome too.

It frustrates me because I know how good this rifle is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Disagree on the MCX.

It's a nice platform and there's TONS of interest but the unless they up their production... parts, conversions, stocks, guns etc are hard to come by and when they do become available, they're selling at a premium. I've bought a couple with the LE/SIG APP and there's usually been a significant wait (6+ months). I'm only setup with a few distributors but they've all be VERY limited on anything MCX in the past several years (eg only stocks and handguards with no conversions or complete firearms).

Parts are hard to come by for the current MCX. I don't anticipate the new version to be any better on availability for a couple of years at least.
It does run quite well if you can get one.
It's not that light. My XCR and MCX, similarly equipped, are a few ounces apart. The Virtus barrel profile killed any weight savings the legacy version had.
It is convertible.... 5.56 or 300? 7.62x39.....? (308, 6.5 or 6.8F eventually on the "spear"). XCR still kills it and anybody else on conversions.

Sig has sold the "cool factor" of the platform and there's interest but they haven't delivered on their 762x39 and there's as many versions/gens in the MCX life span as there are for the XCR for a similar time fram.

I like the MCX but it's not the answer for the masses. (neither is the XCR)

RA DOES need to work the Social media angle.

I've got a 6.75" legacy MCX in 300 that shoots great but my 7.5" 300blk XCR is more fun(but a little more gassy).

1 - 20 of 30 Posts