XCR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It sounds like deliveries of rifles are slow with Robinson. In the mean time, the company seems to have the time to produce images of XCRs that they have worked on on a weekly basis on their Facebook page. I take this as a good sign that the company is still working to ship out orders of new rifles. However, I've only been stalking the XCR for 4 weeks now and I'm still new to this rabbit hole. How do the XCR gurus here take the frequent Facebook updates from Robinson? Has their sales matched their posting output?

From 1/23/21 on their page, an XCR-L Mini Pistol. I figured an American rifle would burst into flames with a Chinese-brand optic mounted on it.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Who the hell knows? I'm guessing they are hammered with orders in the US. Canada is no longer a player, so that should free up there work load a bunch. But as nutty as the gun market is, it's anybody's guess.

·
Registered
22,391 Posts
Production output doesn't seem to match that high level of activity on the FB page (base on what you're saying) as people are waiting 6+ months for builds. I've been waiting since July for parts....with no end in sight.

Oh, and while Holosun is Chinese, they make some stuff that rivals or exceeds Trijicon's RMR (as an example).

Reactions: Chowwow

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I have had a rifle on order for awhile. The update I got was that they are waiting on parts from an outside vendor. My understanding is that BCM is having similar issues. It appears the entire supply chain is strained in the gun industry.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have had a rifle on order for awhile. The update I got was that they are waiting on parts from an outside vendor. My understanding is that BCM is having similar issues. It appears the entire supply chain is strained in the gun industry.
Fascinating. I wonder what kinds of parts are being held back? I thought Robinson used CNC machines and could build whatever they wanted?

·
Registered
22,391 Posts
Fascinating. I wonder what kinds of parts are being held back? I thought Robinson used CNC machines and could build whatever they wanted?
They don't make all their parts. Triggers (going in house soon I think) and bbls and tailhooks for pistols are just some of the things made elsewhere. Just b/c you have a generic CNC doesn't mean you can make "whatever" you want,JFYI.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've been waiting since September 30th 2020 for my new 556 upper and its looking like Ive got another month or two of waiting. Friend of mine said he was interested in getting a 308 xcr-m but doesn't want to wait half a year like I am.
Point being: Email them first how long your order would take if you plan on buying it, then multiply their ETA by 4. Once I get this upper, Im not buying anything until shit calms down (which it never will at this rate).

EDIT: they originally told me 8-10 weeks when I put the order in sept 30th, lmao

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Point being: Email them first how long your order would take if you plan on buying it, then multiply their ETA by 4. Once I get this upper, Im not buying anything until shit calms down (which it never will at this rate).

EDIT: they originally told me 8-10 weeks when I put the order in sept 30th, lmao
Tell me about it. All I did was email them on how long things would take on their end, and they haven't even shot me a message in a month!

·
Registered
22,391 Posts
Hopefully...I've got a 6.5G competition L rifle and a 9.5" M .308 upper on order.

Reactions: Northern

·
Registered
22,391 Posts
LOL....read the description:

"Don't ask if we offer it with AK mags":ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Northern
1 - 13 of 13 Posts