XCR Forum banner

What do you feel is the most important project RA should be working on?

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gave everyone 3 votes so you can vote for more then one or vote more then once if there is a specific item you feel is way more important.

Let me know if there is an item that you think could be included.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Trigger!

Buttstock!

Lightweight upper!

I'd love to get a 22lr and even a 9mm conversion going for it, but this was the first time I have seen anyone bring up the possibility of a lighter rifle.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
1. .308
2. New Stock
3. PDW

On some level, its smart to crank out lowers, but how long do you hold up progressing the XCR because you are preparing for a ban?

In the short term it makes sense to commit all your resources to getting lowers out, but you cant do that forever. At some point continuing to do this will hurt the customer base because highly anticipated products have failed to appear to a timely fashion.

4-8 years is how long Obama is going to be with us. I have no intention of waiting 4-8 years for XCR upgrades like the stock and PDW. This is hyperbole, but you get what I am saying

Also, from a business standpoint Robinson could benefit from the dual revenue stream. With current XCR owners you have a razor/razor blade model where you are making cash off upgrades and accessories for an existing product. Then you have new customers buying XCR's who then also join the razor/razor blade model.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I am going to answer this 2 different ways, What I want, and what would be better for RA

What I want

.22LR Kit
PDW or Light Upper cant decide which
New Trigger

What Think Would be Better for RA

XCR-M
New Stock
More Calibers for the XCR-L & XCR-M

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Simple we need more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more... whew... that was a lot, receivers before the great obamanation ban on not just AW, but all semi-auto weapons.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Stock, trigger (these are currently going to be the shortcomings vs. the SCAR), .308.

Get a good source for x39 magazines.

Then barrel selection. True match .223 barrel. I don't think lengths are quite as important since they can be cut down in the aftermarket.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Anyone think that making Full, mid and carbine length models would be a good idea?

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Anyone think that making Full, mid and carbine length models would be a good idea?
Maybe a "target" model with a 20" match or SS barrel and a modified, longer upper might be pretty sweet later on down the road. And a new adapter to mount something like a Magpul PRS or some other full length stock too if no specific stock is made.

I stand by my original thoughts on priorities however. If you made too many changes to to barrel lengths you might need to change piston lengths. Too many extra parts to lose.

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
#1 .308 model, get the XCR-M out

#2 Trigger

#3 I'm torn between a lightweight upper and getting more receivers produced.

5.45x39 might be nice because there is still some relatively cheap ammo around, especially if we could get good results with just a follower replacement in 5.56 mags

.22? Geez go get a ruger 10-22. You're going to buy a really nice $1600+ rifle, then shell out another $500-600 just so you can shoot .22's out of it? :duh:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
.22? Geez go get a ruger 10-22. You're going to buy a really nice 00+ rifle, then shell out another 0-600 just so you can shoot .22's out of it? :duh:

It's a "train how you fight" thing for some folks

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
.308 model to get the thing into production before any ban, making lowers/complete rifles so that you can maximize the customer base prior to a ban, getting the trigger done so you doon;t alienate the customers you already have.

Pretty much everything else can be done as an accessory.

Not sure about the lowers/complete rifles as:

A: the reputations for delivering upgrades/accesories is poor anyway
B: who knows what a futuer ban will limit
c: will you achieve critical mass in time, i.e. will there be enought rifles out there for owners to generate enought business with upgrades etc if the rifle itself is banned totally. i.e named.

Like VB says, he does not want to wsit forever for parts, I've been waiting a long time for parts for mine. Recently i've been putting my cash into other guns and parts and if I notice something for the XCR then maybe i'll get it. Trigger almost definately, maybe the stock and the 6x45 barrel. XCR-M i'm not so sure about, will I wait, no. I'll buyt guns I like when I see them. If it comes out and I like one and happen to have the cash maybe, but really I only want one more .308 long gun and the LWRC and POF rifles are shipping. The XCR should be better, but will I ever see one, I'm not so sure.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
XCR-M

PDW

Trigger

I didn't vote buttstock because I'm worried about it. I mean, what if it comes out and we all hate it? What if it looks like that stupid Scarfish stock? ;D

#4 t-shirts and other swag

#5 Robarms suppressor

#6 Robarms tactical fixed blade knife

·
Registered
332 Posts
1. New Stock
2. New Stock
3. New Stock
x. .22LR (more calibers)
y. .308
z. new trigger

I'd go for a RobArms suppressor as number 2 but this is the first i've heard of one as a possiblity so i'm thinking it's more wishful thinking than actually something that's on the RA agenda. Does anyone know differently?

·
Registered
207 Posts
The new stock is actually kind of pissing me off. I REALLY want to get a new stock for this, and my patience has been expired for a long time (almost 3 years of ownership, and all this time I wanted to replace the VLTOR stock with something more compatible with the rifle). Unfortunately, there are no other options (moe+riser is the only reasonable replacement).

The PDW in a pistol version and XCR-M I will buy when they are out, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Those were my three votes, but the stock and XCR-M should really be the two priorities IMO.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I gave everyone 3 votes so you can vote for more then one or vote more then once if there is a specific item you feel is way more important.
It only let me vote once, so I'll put my intended vote here:

Lightweight model
Lightweight model
Lightweight model

As I posted in another thread, I think a state-of-the-art carbine should weigh no more than 6 pounds.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts