XCR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23,079 Posts
I'm sure they'll fix that oversight, lol.

Frankly, I'd much rather this bill have no grandfathering clause. That clause will just convince most "Amerikans" that this should be accepted, ignoring the fact that it's just the first step (since it necessitates registration via no private sales) and that future generations will be the ones to pay the price....but we love playing kick the can, so WTFever I guess.

·
Registered
23,079 Posts
Does this bill have any realistic chance of passing?
I don't think so....but I wouldn't have thought 15 Republican Senators would have turncoated on the last "gun safety" bill that just passed either.

I doubt this goes forward....but anything's possible.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Does this bill have any realistic chance of passing?
I’m asking myself the same question. I don’t think that it will pass, but if it does, I believe it cannot hold up under judicial scrutiny after Bruen.
Even if the XCR isn’t named, the bill makes certain combinations of characteristics unlawful so the XCR gets banned in that manner anyhow. Let’s just hope that common sense prevails such that the Senate won’t pass it.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I’m asking myself the same question. I don’t think that it will pass, but if it does, I believe it cannot hold up under judicial scrutiny after Bruen.
Even if the XCR isn’t named, the bill makes certain combinations of characteristics unlawful so the XCR gets banned in that manner anyhow. Let’s just hope that common sense prevails such that the Senate won’t pass it.
With each new administration they get closer and closer to complete totalitarianism! Every year, every new try at taking guns they get closer! Being 62 years old, I look back even 20-30 years ago, you would have never imagined we would jail our own people for political gain and get away with it, or openly defy the constitution and the supreme court and again Get Away With It. Let alone openly steal an election! I feel like this is gone way past any point of return. They take 10, we win back 6 and pat ourselves on the back thinking we won! We don't ever get back 100% of what has been lost/taken!
Sorry for the rant...Just cant believe what passes these days for being ok.... FUBAR

·
Registered
4,859 Posts
Tired of the gradual increase in the pot's temperature, Chris?
Bingo. You win a lifetime supply of combloc x45. :D

I think it must be every simple man's dream, an equation where the solution is an adequate amount of projectiles........but.....I think we both know, it's gonna get so much messier than that. I used to think crypto was the magic bullet, but.......I don't any more. They're gonna single us out, one by one.

What do you think the answer is?

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
I still think crypto has a lot of potential to increase freedom in the world. I can see BTC and ETH getting co-opted by the establishment, but XMR (one example) has definitely been banned (from virtually all USA markets) and has taken on a life of it's own as an anti-establishment mechanism. And with POS, if you own enough ETH, you can run staking nodes and support yourself forever. If you opt to renounce your USA citizenship, you can do that without paying income taxes, as well.

My overall strategy is basically 'opt out and hide in plain sight'. That won't fix the system, but I think it will let me live my life in peace and minimize the overall level of outside intrusion into it. Reducing income (which we don't need because we can live fairly well on saved assets for the remainder of our lives) and focusing on things like raising our children is a lot less frustrating than trying to save anyone aside from my immediate family.

I don't really have an answer for the systemic issues though. Just 'don't be part of the system' basically. Making yourself financially independent so you don't have W-2 income (which the government garnishes immediately--effectively turning you into an indentured servant) is the first step to removing yourself from the system.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts