XCR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I would say probably because of their "assault" rifle stigma. There was the shooting some years back where several officers was killed with someone using a Mini 14. I would think that is some of a detractor, whether or not its fair is up in the air.

I can't vouch for their mini 14, but their 22's are fine rifles that are fun to shoot.

G

·
the poor accuracy stigma has followed them through the years. Add to that the fact that the factory has always limited thier hi caps to law enforcement and you have a mediocre reputation.

I've owned 2 (one 188 series and one 580 series) and they have both been very acceptable shooters. I have never had a single malfunction that wasnt related to aftermarket magazines either. Now I only use factory mags when it counts.

The new model 580 series is a great gun and you can expect to see 2" groups with decent ammo. If one were to add one of the clyde armory socom railed aluminum stocks like the m14, a flashhider and factory mags, and you'd have one of the most reliable capable 556 guns on the market. I'd put it up against a stock sig, AR, Masada, and XCR in a long term shootout. It may not win, but it'll do better than folks give it credit for

If I could change two things it's be to add a chromelined bore and a threaded barrel from the factory.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.