XCR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to know if there is a trick to removing the safety selector from the XCR lower. I removed the switch lever, but the selector doesn't budge when I tried to slide it out the right side of the lower assembly. What am I doing wrong? Is it just hard to get moving or is there something else that needs to be unscrewed/slipped off/punched out for this part to come out of the gun?

Thanks in advance. :)

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Remove the grip. Then remove the spring and safety detent. At this point, you should be able to just slide the safety out.
Ahhh, okay. That makes sense. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
327 Posts
Sweet something to reference when I get my ambi selector.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
No.There is a machned groove that the other side of it doesn't have.They are coming out with an ambi safety very soon.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Just make sure you're careful to catch the little pin and spring that are captured in the top of the grip. They can get lost easily if you're not watching out for them.

tk

·
Registered
702 Posts
Even though the new paddle style ambi selector is not out yet, RA does have an ambi "old style" selector you can buy. It is not advertised on their web site but they do have one. I know because I picked one up from RA four or five months ago.

MadDog :rockon:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.