XCR Forum banner

Saiga Shotguns?

4K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  gr8santini 
#1 ·
Is anyone on this forum familiar with Saiga shotguns? I looked at a 12-gauge version yesterday, unfortunately none of the guys at the shop had any experience with them. They look, feel and operate similar to an AK, so I’m guessing they are pretty solid guns. I think this may be my next shotgun, but I would like to hear from someone with first hand experience with this firearm before I drop some cash on one.

#2 ·
Believe it or not, the PD I work for has one and I have shot it quite a bit. They are a blast to shoot and pretty versatile. The 5 round mags work real easy but the 8's can be a little tricky. Mount a red dot on it and it is no problem to hit silhouettes out to 150 yards. If you shoot a lot of slugs, you will need to really clean the gas system every so often as you will get some lead build up which will lead to malfunctions.

#4 ·
i've only had the chance to shoot one of my friends saiga. it was a blast to cut an old rotten tree in half. shooting multiple clay birds in the air was simple. the only slightly downside thing is, it is amazing how fast you will go thru a case of shells in one afternoon. ;D

#6 ·
Also go to the Saiga forum for all you need to know about Saigas.

I have a Saiga 12 and a Saiga .308. They are AK reliable and lots of fun to shoot. I have the Wraithmaker drum magazine that holds 20 rounds, and another drum made by MD arms (also 20 rounds) on order. >:D

#8 ·
I attached a photo of my Tromix conversion - it was one of the first few done when years back Tony was trying to drum up more work (as opposed to the 24 month wait now). It has been flawless! An incredible shotgun.

Attachments

#15 ·
Sorry about that! I'm ecstatic to have mine! I just need to have the conversion work done on it to get the pistol grip installed, the folding CTR stock, and the barrel shortened to 19". Then, I look forward to walking on to the local trap range and having the Fudd's crap their pants!

#18 ·
Got a notice in my mailbox day before yesterday saying I had a "parcel" at the post office for pick-up.

Today I had a chance and made the drive hoping it would be the drum I ordered in August of last year. I couldn't remember ordering anything else lately.

Got to the PO and it turned out to be a book that was back ordered. :(

So I drove home dreaming of the day I'd get my drum. ::)

Turned onto my street and spotted Mr. Brown ahead. ???

My heartbeat sped up.

He went past my drive... :(

But then he slowed...stopped...

And the back-up lights came on! :-\

He backed into my drive and we both grinned at the same time. ;D

I signed and he handed me the box! My drum! 8)

Say hello to my leetle friend. >:D

The drum came with a "smoke" transparent rear cover and a black one. The smoke colored one is installed in the pics.

Disclaimer: Drum is Photoshopped in place on this S12. Conversion coming soon. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.