XCR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like AUSSIE, VA_PLINKER and myself 1REDGMC will be looking to get together to shoot at a place called Westlance over in Jones Springs, WV on Saturday (03/29) sometime after 10AM.

Here is the range website with directions and some basic info:

http://www.westlancearms.com/

Ain't nuthin' fancy - but they have some steel targets for pistol shootin' and a 50YD and 200YD rifle range with a small 2 man shooting bench/picnic table setup.

Don't quote me on this, as I haven't been there since last year - but range fees for NRA members were $10 pistol / $10 rifle. Double that for non-NRA folks.

ANYWAY - if you are interested, send Roy, George or myself a message and we'll try to hook up with you.

Sorry for the short notice, but sometimes ya can't always plan ahead

Hope to see you there, but if not - we'll post some pics up later.

Thanks - 1REDGMC

(Bentley)

·
Registered
923 Posts
I wish I could make it out but I have to work Friday through Sunday. I will try to make it out to the next one.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We had a great time at Westlance today - but NONE of us remembered to bring a camera - so we have no pictures to share. We'll snap some action shots on the next visit.

The rifle range was shut down because of some nesting geese (good call by Mark, the owner).

The pistol range was great fun, with plenty of steel (knock down) targets and two steel tables on which to set bowling pins.

Overall, I believe we had a good time, and once the geese have hatched and moved on - we'll head back over to send some down range with the XCR's and AR's.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I wish it wasn't so blasted far away for me. Its over 550 miles for me. If there was one in NC I think I'd be all over it.

·
Registered
447 Posts
It was a good time even though the XCRs and other assorted rifles couldn't be used. Hopefully we can get a regional shoot going later in the spring. ;D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts