XCR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured there might be someone here who would know this...

The little short barrel SAW's that are fitted with an M4 (or similar to an M4) collapsible stock; does anyone know if the connector on that is a standard connector? i.e. could I take any other M4 stock and attach it without needing a different adapter? I'd like to know if it would be possible to put a folding stock on it that used a regular M4 adapter.

The ultimate goal is to get a few more inches off the minimum length so it can mounted in a rather tight spot. I believe a folding stock would easily do that over the collapsible one.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Next time I see a guy lugging one of those around I will take a look at it.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Our unit has them, the ones we have aren't true M4 stocks. They look like it but they are beefier. The tube is different as well. Most of the guys liked the M5 stocks better than those.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
You sure can. In fact I would recommend it. 5 positions of adjustment. The aftermarket stocks do not fit flush up against the receiver, but I'm sure with a little elbow grease and a dremel... The aftermarket stock is half the weight as well. As my buddy says, "When you're humping a 46/48, light is right."

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah great, there we go. Now are you talking about just adding an aftermarket stock over the same tube, or are you replacing the tube also? I guess what I really need to know about is where the tube attaches to that adapter block. For a folding stock the tube would have to go.

What I was talking about mounting was a folding stock like this http://riflestocks.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=75_78&products_id=331

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
The tube where it attaches to the adaptor block is actually the hydraulic buffer. (See the silver rod extruding from the tube on the inside?) I do not see how you can mount a side folder as that buffer has to be there. Best option is to either use the stock issued, or an aftermarket. If you cut the stock (and tubes) right in front of the lock/release lever, it would fit perfectly. Keep in mind that one of the reasons why the aftermarket stock is lighter is that it doesn't have the steel sleeve inside the stock that slides over the buffer tube. Obviously to withstand the recoil of a machine gun. It's up to you.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
If you already have the stock set up, I would just run it one click out. Fits perfectly on your plates. My buddy runs his with the bipod removed, rear sight removed, and a stock he shortened and epoxied. He calls it his "Gas Piston Upper." Mount an ATPIAL on the side and
you're money.

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
What about the original collapsible stock? It's still a TO listed accessory so your armorers can order them and ask the budget folks to bill it through GWOT. Sometimes they could be more fragile but they worked fine for us.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Thanks, but the overall length was the real issue. They were trying to mount it in the chopper and it was just a couple inches long of fitting where they wanted it to go.
I am assuming pilots wanted to mount it? At least in the Army, the aircraft that carry more than just pilots have mounts for the M240 for the gunners. When you get into the SF area they have more than that.

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Yeah, OH-58D Kiowa. Doors off, low and slow. Those are probably the best thing to fly right now to get into the action, though things are slowing down for the most part over here. They are only armed with M4s usually, my buddy told stories of one pilot flying and the other taking guys down with his M4.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts