XCR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's not an XCR but it sure is fun. I just put my SBR 5.56/5.7x28 in a new Pelican case as a bug-out kit. The 5.7x28 suppressed makes a wisper quiet critter eradicator and the 7.5" 5.56 is great for CQB work. In fact I have use that set-up for some 3-gun matches that were set up as strictly CQB events. It rocks in a "shoot house". I am using a gutted 30 Orlite mag as a brass catcher for the 5.7 and it will hold 50 empty casings. I just empty it at the same time I do a P90 mag change.

Dog :redboxing:

·
Registered
923 Posts
Very Nice :bow:

To resize the pics if you are using photobucket under the edit tab there should be a resize menu and you can use that. Not sure about on the other sites though

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Mad Dog, your Ar57 is a sweet set up, 50 rounds before a mag change makes me grin.

Couple of questions.

1 Is the action straight blowback like an SMG, does it lock at all?

2 How's accuracy?

3 It seems like the charging handle is on the wrong side (oh wait, you're a lefty). Are we just spoiled by our XCRs?

4 Did you see the new 5.7 can from Gemtech that fits under the handgaurd? There is a video on the shot coverage at arfcom, looked sweeeeet.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Watchout: The AR57 upper is a straight blow-back setup. It would have been nice to have the CH on the other side but what can you do? It's no biggie anyway. If I didn't already have a suppressor I would have purchased the Gemtech made for the 5.7x28 but I already had an AAC Ranger. The ranger has greater internal volume so I am sure it is quite a bit quieter than the Gemtech. Being a lefty I always got blowback in the face while using this suppressor on my AR's and even my XCR. Since the empties drop down the mag well, I get ZERO blow back. That is why I am dedicating the suppressor to this upper. As far as accuracy goes, I have not bench tested it yet but with the Aimpoint Micro T-1 mounted, I can hit clay birds at 100 yards off hand. Same accuracy suppressed and unsuppressed.

Dog :party:

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mickey: The Burris Fast Fire works great. I am converting all of my pistols over to optics. I wear trifocal glasses and with iron sights I have to move my head up and down to find the sweet spot. By that time the fight is over in a SHTF situation or my times suffer in competitions. Since I have red-dots and ACOG's on all my rifles and SBR's it is only natural for me to sight with both eyes open.

The Fast Fire was a cheap way to find out if my modification to the Five-seveN would work. Now that I know that it does I was going to sell the FF and replace it with a real Docter Optic. I am just waiting to find out if the new Trijicon RMR has the same base pattern as the FF and Docter. If it does then the RMR is what I am going to get as I would rather run an optic that has both tritium and fiber optics than batteries.

Dog :rockon:

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Goes to show the man with the most guns doesnt always have the coolest stuff. Well done, as always Dan.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
pretty cool stuff! on the ar57 the empties fall down out the magwell right? is that mag for show, or is its baseplate taken off?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
magikbullet: The 30 round Orlite AR mag is turned into a brass catcher. I got rid of the spring and follower then cut the feed lips off. It holds 50 empty casings so all I do is dump the brass catcher when I change the 50 round P90 mags. I don't reload but I do trade the brass for other ammo to guys that do reload. If I don't want to save the brass I just shoot without the 30 round mag/brass catcher.

Dog :rockon:

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
"Bug out kit"? Where are you going to go bug out to? I assume you me when SHTF you will grab your kit and go. But go where exactly? If Obama has his way, it will be happening all over the country.

I am asking so that I will know what to do as well. :-\

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
XCRfan: I use the term bug-out in the subject line because I didn't want to just put "PICs" and couldn't think of anything else to put in the subject line. Let's face it, if Obama does decide to screw the gun owners of America, you can be sure there WILL NOT be nationwide confiscation. Realistically how would the gov. physically confiscate 80 million plus guns????????? That said, I already have this nifty little kit set up so if I wanted to "bug-out" to the mountains for a day of shooting with VB and Tarra, I would grab it. If there was a natural disaster and I had to evacuate my house or "bug-out" I would just grab it. If there was a SHTF downstairs in my house I would just open the case and "bug-out" downstairs.

It is just a term that doesn't mean much,
Dog :duh:

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
:laughposter:

I know. I was just giving you a hard time. 8)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts