XCR Forum banner

Selector Stiff AF

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Sean K. 
#1 ·
I love my XCR save for one thing, the safety. I know 45 degree safeties are all the rage, but at 45 degrees it leaves the lever in a position where I can't torque it well with my thumb and mine is super, super stiff. I have to use the lever on the other side to put the gun back on safe with my trigger finger. Anyone else have the same issue? How did you loosen it up? I already tried a drop of lube. Didn't really do anything other than make oil leak out from the selector on either side.

#4 ·
I actually had this problem on one of my XCR-Ls from around the sub 4K SN range. What is the SN on your rifle? I'd suggest if you do the things above, also check the selector itself. Mine had flashing on it (cast part I believe) and that flashing on the selector barrel was rubbing the housing in the lower receiver causing the extra friction. I sanded mine down (which does remove the finish, but I either reblued it or put iridite on it....can't remember now if it was steel or aluminum....basically I just made sure there wouldn't be a corrosion issue) and it took care of the problem completely. Might be worth checking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.