XCR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I ordered my 7.62x39 complete rifle the first week of November I have called and emailed but no response ( I know they are busy ) as to when the rifle will be shipped. ( 4-6 weeks is what i was told ).
Has any one else ordered the same time as me and received his or her rifle and if not have they talked to any one at Robinson to see when they will be shipping.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Lou,

I ordered in September. Called a few times, and the Cproducts magazines seems to be the holdup. I asked to get a couple of 10 rounders so I could get the rifle shipped but still haven't heard back. I'm being patient.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks thadbeme,

Thanks for the info. I even told them i would take the gun without any mags as i picked up several 30s from rguns. I got so impatient that i picked up a dpms carbine in 7.62x39. The gun is very accurate 2to3"at a 100yds but when the gun heats up it does not like the steel case ammo shoots brass ammo all day long no problem. Best accuracy with silver bear beats wincheter and s&b as far as accuracy is concerned.

Thanks,
Action Lou

·
Registered
87 Posts
I ordered an XCR in 5.56 and a 7.62 kit in mid Nov and was told it would ship Dec. 26th. Terra told me today it would ship when they are done doing inventory.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I ordered a 5.56 XCR with just rail covers on Nov 12th and haven't heard a word. I figure 8 weeks since then will place it roughly around mid Jan. Hopefully.

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
It is more than just the mags. I told Robinson I don't need 30 rounders (just yet) and my kit has still not shipped yet, and I am not getting any indication when it will ship :eek:

·
Registered
345 Posts
It is more than just the mags. I told Robinson I don't need 30 rounders (just yet) and my kit has still not shipped yet, and I am not getting any indication when it will ship :eek:
Same here. Sent an IM and an e-mail to Terra a long time ago so I guess it is either the bolt or the barrel that is the hold up.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Pretty much the same deal. I thought mine was going to ship with 10 rounders :(

That was in early December.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My experience has been very similar to your's actionlou. I ordered during the same timeframe and the promised date has come and gone four times without completion of my order. The lack of communication from RA can be really frustrating. I feel like a jackass having to call in all the time, but when I have thousands of dollars tied up in something, I think I'm entitled to a little status, especially if there is a change in schedule. I still believe that RA makes the best product on the market, but I hope that my order is completed before the new administration takes the reigns.

The clock is ticking...

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
We are out of firing pins, Vltor stocks and tubes for the tube stocks. Allie and I are digging in all the corners of the shop trying to find firing pins to take care of some of the kit orders. There is a good reason for them doing inventory this week. :eyesclosed:

·
Registered
136 Posts
My experience has been very similar to your's actionlou. I ordered during the same timeframe and the promised date has come and gone four times without completion of my order. The lack of communication from RA can be really frustrating. I feel like a jackass having to call in all the time, but when I have thousands of dollars tied up in something, I think I'm entitled to a little status, especially if there is a change in schedule. I still believe that RA makes the best product on the market, but I hope that my order is completed before the new administration takes the reigns.

The clock is ticking...
I'm not sure your order would necessarily have to be totally completed on Jan. 20 even if the very worst case scenario were to happen on that day (not likely). I have been told by other gun manufacturers that once a gun reaches a certain level of completion and a serial number is assigned to a customer and payment completed then that weapon would most likely be considered "built". Don't take my word on this, maybe they are just telling me what I want to hear. As that date aproaches, though, I think it would be a good idea for someone at RA to weigh in on that subject and minimize some jitters that a lot of people are going to be having in the next couple weeks.

·
Registered
129 Posts
The new administration, like the old, must at least give lip service to that pesky constitution, as clarified by the Supremes ( Doowop, Doowah) in DC v Heller. I honestly don't believe Obama is any worse, and could actually be better than, the outgoing gang of criminals who brought us airport strip searches and the Patriot Act.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Once the serialized part (the lower, in our case) is complete, it counts as a rifle and is thusly pre-ban.

What we do is we print out orders in schedules batches. The guys literally built each rifle to order. If only we did have rifles sitting on racks ready to be designated...

Once the batch is built up, we test fire all the rifles. Then we safety check them twice, put them in their cases with the necessary extras, and have two people box check.

While all this is going on, Allison is busy reaching everyone to confirm payment and shipping notifications, getting checks in, credit card #s, FFL copies, etc.

Then we invoice all the orders, label them, and they're out the door. It's a huge process. This whole week we've been doing inventory so that we will be able to meet the next shipments - scheduled for the 16th and the 30th. Hopefully everything arrives on time. We're also trying to get another Canada shipment out before the state department changes its mind on us again. We had to send in the export permit application 5 times before we got approval. The political climate is definitely changing, my friends. But we've got you covered, so don't worry. Your rifle will get to you as soon as we can get it out the door.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Terra, given the current demand climate why don't they go to a bulk production process? I.e., just turn out receivers as fast as they can so that there are as many pre-ban "guns" as possible. Ban or not, there's no question eventually you'll sell them all. I bet most of your distributors would pay a token amount for a batch of serial numbers so that the receivers could be considered sold.

Then with a rack of sold pre-ban receivers everyone can take their time pairing uppers and stocks, test firing, final billing, shipping, etc.

For example, I'm waiting on a receiver to Form 1 for SBR. I'm anxious to get my serial number, but I don't care if it takes a few months for the upper or stock to catch up. Obviously I can attach those pieces myself!

Given that this is a modular rifle it doesn't make sense to have your manufacturing 'literally building each rifle to order.'

1 - 20 of 26 Posts