XCR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone planning on going? I was hoping to be back from Iraq in time to go but I don't think that is going to happen. It is a shame since it is only going to be 5 hours from my house.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The reason I ask is I think there will be more XCR presence at this show than last year. With the amount of attention the XCR is receiving lately I think that it would be good for Alex to has some sort of representation at the show. In the past few weeks I think I have seen the XCR on the cover (picture) or mentsioned on the cover of 3 or 4 different publications.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Is this more of a place just to look at drool at all the new toys or is this essentially a gun show? I did see the no personal firearms deal in there so I have that blurb.

My mother in law lives near Orlando so this might be a good time to visit :)

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I wish I could go, but odds are I wont have the time between work and new baby. I think it would be a good idea for Robinson and Co to attend, but who knows if they will.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is an industry show, not a Gun Show. You have to be a part of the industry, LE/MIL, FFL, those kinds of things. I think most people that want to attend can usually find a way to get in. It is where all the new products are announced and looks to be quite a show. I personally have never been.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
I went to SHOT 05 in Vegas. Wear really comfortable walking shoes, pack a small sandwich and snacks for lunch and bring a backpack to carry all the crap you will get! It is insane everything you see there. I made it through maybe half of the list of vendors I wanted to see and talk to.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I still have an inactive reserve ID and a DoD CAC so I should be able to get in :)

Just not sure what I was in for, sounds neat, not sure if the wife would go for it.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
No - I drive to the ones in Vegas, but I'm not flying across the country for SHOT.

And that's right about the "personal weapons". That said, if you turned the place upside down and shook it, you might just get a few dumptrucks worth of pistols (GRIN)

Not mine - mine stays put when upside down and shook (don't ask me how I know) but I bet you'd get a lot.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
It's just down the road from my place but I doubt i'd be able to find a way in.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Is this more of a place just to look at drool at all the new toys or is this essentially a gun show? I did see the no personal firearms deal in there so I have that blurb.

My mother in law lives near Orlando so this might be a good time to visit :)
It's a trade show so not many will be doing consumer level purchasing, it does happen with some vendors however, but dont expect to walk out with a SCAR or HK416. Most of the selling is big orders to dealers and distributors.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
From what I understand they aren't that picky about credentials.I've talked to a couple small manufacturers that have told me "just say your with my company" and they will let you in.I've never had the chance to try it,but I wouldn't want to go through all the expense and trouble to go if I wasn't sure I could get in.I know a smalltime gunwriter that would get me in,but I don't really have the time or funds to go this year,maybe someday....

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
I'm sure Alex has his reasons, afterall it is his company! I still stand on my statement that he could capitalize on the void Magpul/Bushmaster left with the Masada. If compared/marketed directly against the ACR and SCAR, and the fact it is available NOW, the company would do really good for itself.

Just looking at the recent activity with more newer folks showing up here in the past couple months than has for awhile, there's definitely more people looking at the XCR.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
yes, we are certainly busy :-\ I really wanted to go to SHOT last year... and this year... sigh. :(
Terra,
Will you guys be at the SAR show this weekend in Phoenix?

CMD :2rifle:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just bought my second one at Doug's. They just got a few in. If your not wanting to wait, hurry in. I am so excited to get out and shoot the XCR's.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No doubt about it, Orlando is a long way to travel for you guys from SLC. Hopefully we will still be able to purchase these rifles next year when they have SHOT in 2010. I just hate to see missed oppurtunities.

If I was back home I would go as a Robarm Rep, but alas, it isn't to be.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts