XCR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5,071 Posts
I went to SHOT 05 in Vegas. Wear really comfortable walking shoes, pack a small sandwich and snacks for lunch and bring a backpack to carry all the crap you will get! It is insane everything you see there. I made it through maybe half of the list of vendors I wanted to see and talk to.

· Registered
5,071 Posts
I'm sure Alex has his reasons, afterall it is his company! I still stand on my statement that he could capitalize on the void Magpul/Bushmaster left with the Masada. If compared/marketed directly against the ACR and SCAR, and the fact it is available NOW, the company would do really good for itself.

Just looking at the recent activity with more newer folks showing up here in the past couple months than has for awhile, there's definitely more people looking at the XCR.

· Registered
5,071 Posts
Dredd- I was CATM for 12 years in the AF, don't even get me started about those weapons. The problem is a different mentality and mindset. Different mission too.

We had to destroy brand new, and when I say brand new I mean brand new, still with the wicking tube in the barrel, Armalite AR15's, complete with green furniture, original 1965 Lemay contract rifles. A certified piece of history sacrificed to the cutting torch. Or, our M4's that weight 14 pounds because of all the techno gizmos they want on there. Still work for them, GS now though. It ain't prettier on the other side.

· Registered
5,071 Posts
All over. Started in Vegas, did a USAFE tour, started up the 820th in Georgia, then to warm, sunny Nebraska. Intermixed with too many trips to CENTCOM, only one to SFOR in Yugo.

There are a lot of problems with not only the small arms but in the small arms training program. Even the Cat A folks won't be shooting for record but once a year after the new 207 drops. Cat B is worse because they linked it too much to AEF BS. There's proficiency programs but they are like arranging furniture on the Titanic. It is wholly possible, once again, folks could go their entire career without ever touching a rifle. Hell, you don't even have to "Q" on the darn thing in BMT to graduate!

God bless ol' Gen Merril McPeak for turning an entire armed service into a corporation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.