XCR Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

· Registered
6,537 Posts
I'd go as a RobArm rep

· Registered
5,623 Posts
Damn Mickey,talk too Alex,he might send you some gear,you could rent a table and set up a RobArm display. ;D

· Registered
5,623 Posts
;D That would KICK ASS!! ;D

· Registered
986 Posts
Terra,

I would be more than happy to go as a rep, if you guys would cover my airfare from SLC. The prices on fuel and airfare are dropping. I would take leave from the USAF.

Just thought I'd make the offer, and if Alex wants to meet me its only a 30 min drive from Roy.

Dredd

· Registered
986 Posts
Give me the time and place and I will be there with bells on... However I have one request, I want to meet tjhe EPR... >:D

Dredd

· Registered
986 Posts
Damn!!! I had to ask...

Anyway, so if you and Alex don't ahve a problem with some of us from the forum to go to SHOT 2009, I would take time off from work and make myself available to help out.

Dredd

· Registered
3,296 Posts
I was thinking of going as well. It's only an hour drive for me.

tk

· Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Problem is most vendors reserve the booths months out. Not sure that there would be any spaces left to set anything up. A good SHOT Booth isnt put together over night, I have heard that some of the midsize companies like Magpul, DD, AAC etc.. start preping for SHOT the day the previous years show finishes.

· Registered
681 Posts
I was sure Rob Arms would be there this year. Oh well. ???
You echo my thoughts. With the scar/masada where they are, I'd think this SHOT show would be even more advantageous for Robarm to make some waves than last year's show.
Exactly. The XCR is attainable now with multi caliber capability, now. I haven't seen a SCAR outside of last year's SHOT show and we all know the ACR is DOA.

I think the XCR could mop up. I'm always surprised by the number if people who have never seen or heard of it.

Exactly. Heck the XCR is attainable now, with multi-caliber capability, now. I still haven't seen a SCAR outside of last year's SHOT show and we all know the ACR is nothing most than wishful thinking.

· Registered
986 Posts
I have my XCR on order, and I have several M-16 mags for it. I just went to Cproducts and ordered mags in 6.8. That will be the conversion I am going to get after my XCR arrives. I have to agree w/u Prisim. The ACR is pretty much DOA and the cost of the SCAR in the 3K range, ROBARMS could do great. ZM, POF, and LWRC uppers with their piston driven systems are all more then a basic XCR would cost. I hope that Alex reconsiders and puts together a team to go to the SHOT 2009. Even if its just a table with several different configs of the XCR-L plus the new XCR-M.

I don't understand the whole love affair w/AR15/M16/M4. The whole time I've been in the service going back to the introduction in the Vietnam War, nobody really liked the weapon. The old NCOs I used 2 work 4 when I first joined complained about the M-16 that is was finicky and needed constant attention. The troops in Desert Storm complained that if you lubed too much it get caked w/the dust powder sand. The guys in Somalia complained about the 5.56 not taking the bad guys down. even now we're hearing the same things comming out of the AOR. When I was in Afghanistan I just kept my A2 constantly cleaned. Like I stated before I just don't understand the affection of the AR15/M16. ???

· Registered
5,071 Posts
Dredd- I was CATM for 12 years in the AF, don't even get me started about those weapons. The problem is a different mentality and mindset. Different mission too.

We had to destroy brand new, and when I say brand new I mean brand new, still with the wicking tube in the barrel, Armalite AR15's, complete with green furniture, original 1965 Lemay contract rifles. A certified piece of history sacrificed to the cutting torch. Or, our M4's that weight 14 pounds because of all the techno gizmos they want on there. Still work for them, GS now though. It ain't prettier on the other side.

· Registered
986 Posts
m118sb - A couple of the NCOs that I was talking about were CATM instructors before they merged w/Security Forces. I have been talking everybody that I can about the XCR. There are several that I work with nowadays that were waiting on the ACR and the SCAR. When they heard about the price of the SCAR and of the delays w/the ACR, they are really looking seriously at the XCR. They're waiting for me to get mine and give a range report.

Again, I hope Alex reconsiders the SHOT Show... He could really clean house. :2cents:

m118sb - Where were you stationed?

· Registered
5,071 Posts
All over. Started in Vegas, did a USAFE tour, started up the 820th in Georgia, then to warm, sunny Nebraska. Intermixed with too many trips to CENTCOM, only one to SFOR in Yugo.

There are a lot of problems with not only the small arms but in the small arms training program. Even the Cat A folks won't be shooting for record but once a year after the new 207 drops. Cat B is worse because they linked it too much to AEF BS. There's proficiency programs but they are like arranging furniture on the Titanic. It is wholly possible, once again, folks could go their entire career without ever touching a rifle. Hell, you don't even have to "Q" on the darn thing in BMT to graduate!

God bless ol' Gen Merril McPeak for turning an entire armed service into a corporation.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.