XCR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well not exactly. I had a slamfire on my Tavor and pounded off all 5 rounds in a mag. But all 5 rounds hit the target at 50 yards and I was suprised how well it handled in full auto. I got some nasty stares at the range and one guy was going to report me to cops thinking I had a prohibited firearm. But I knew there might be a problem as it has been documented that we need civilian bolts for these rifles which are due in any week. The military bolts don't work so well with civie rounds. :duh: :)

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Be sure to squirrel away that military bolt for the future. :duh: It is nice to know you also have busy body pricks in Canada too. I have a new neighbor about 1/4 mile away who complains when I shoot my cannon.... it scares his cat! :mad:

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I have recieved those dirty looks on more than one occasion with my XCR...

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I usually get the "what the hell is that" look and question when shooting with the PWS brake on there. I love that thing, but its a range clearer.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ran me 3000 canadian so about 2800-2900 US. And yes it is available in Canada. And yes I will keeping that Military bolt hehe.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Be careful with rifles that slam fire , i remember that guy who loaned his SKS to another guy and it slam fired.
ATF ,tried to put him away for 10 years , I believe the NRA had to fight on his behalf .
It was on all the gun boards about two years ago.
FNH says it isn't the bolt that does that ,it is the firming pin , the Military pin is much heaver than the one needed for civilian use.
When the bolt slams shut it hits the lighter primer used in ammo like Federal.
Some of the FS 2000 rifles did that early on ,they recalled them real fast.

·
Registered
923 Posts
MrSmitty does not have to worry with the ATF since he lives in Canada ... He has to live with there version of it though

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
In Canada we don't go to jail for a weapon malfunction but we are instructed to immediately stop using the firearm till it is fixed. Second IWI has said it was the bolt that is the problem though they are including a new firing pin with the bolt ??? and they are sending us all new bolts free of charge. I have shot tons of AE 223 62gr FMJ out of it problem free. It wasn't until I used winchester white box 62 gr 223 FMJ that I had a problem so I would assume it doesn't like winchester white box. The new civie bolt and firing pin will be here in a week or two so its no problem. I am work for the next 8 days so I can't get to the range again anyways.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
The Winchester white box has "soft" primers, hence your rapid fire delima. Hard military primered ammo will work O.K. :2cents: I have the same problem with my French 49-56, military stuff O.K. However, I have some aftermarket stuff that makes it go rat-a-tat-tat. I have stocked up, and don't shoot that anymore. ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ah so I will keep the winchester white box for when SHTF. ;D

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I never had those problems with AE 62 gr just that damn (good) winchester 62gr.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Funny story: Me and some of my buddies were at a public range about a year ago. One of them has an old M1A that rapid fires on a regular basis. OK, so two of the the local county deputies showed up saying that a neighbor reported a machine gun being fired. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, all of my buddies are former Rangers and currently have Badges. Two of them are Federal cops. Well the guy that owns the M1A steps up, shows it to them and says here, Inspect it! They didn't even know how to do that. So he breaks it down and shows them what to look for and says It's all semi parts. Then he starts dressing them down on how they should know what the F they're talking about. He's 6'6", APD SWAT, and former Ranger too. So he's an asshole to everyone, but I definately want him on my side. ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts