XCR Forum banner

Should I buy one of these?

4K views 36 replies 13 participants last post by  MrSmitty 
#1 ·

Can't decide. They will be available for sale in january

See less See more
#3 ·
I concur. These are nice rifles with milled receivers and are supposedly easier to take down than an AK. Just know that AK parts and mags will not fit. Where are you buying it from?

#4 ·
I know AK mags won't fit but AK mags up here are hard to find and VZ58 mags and parts are easy to get. I am buying it from Marstar.ca if I decide to buy. I can also get a folding stock model if I choose.

#7 ·
I made up my mind I am going to buy one but I have to wait till 1pm eastern time when they get back from dinner then I will place my order.

#8 ·
I handled one at a gun show once, if I had the cash that day I would have bought it. Only limitation I see is magazines, which is not a limitation for you. If you can get 5 or 10 mags then do it!

#10 ·
Does it come with a nice muzzle brake? All of the ones for sale here do not have one. The only reason I ask is because my AK came with a slant brake with was ok but it was not the best for double or triple taps. I put on a AK-74 type brake and it made a world of difference.

#12 ·
I can pick a variety of muzzle brakes from the sounds of it. As the one on the webpage right now is not a picture of the new ones they are bringing in the picture of the new ones is the picture I posted.

As for firearms restrictions only certain models of firearms are banned in Canada. Basically any scary looking gun that was in gun digest in 1991. Anything that wasn't in that book basically is available to purchase provided the country will export them to Canada. Some guns in that book though were put in a range only class like the AR15 since there were so many of them and they recieved serious backlash from gun owners up here in 1991. Thank god we have a conservative gov right now cause the Liberal party wants to ban a whole bunch more guns. I will give you a small uncomplete list of the prohibited firearms in Canada

Prohibited
AK 47 and variants
Steyr AUG and variants
FN FAL and Variants
Pretty much any HK gun except SL8, USC, UMP and pistols
Thompson SMG and variants

Restricted to Range class
AR15
Pistols
any rifle with a barrel shorter than 18.5"

Non Restricted (can be used for hunting or just pissing around)
semis with barrels as long or longer than 18.5" as long as gun maintains an overall length of 26" or longer with stock retracted.
XCR
Tavor
Sig 550 (sort of)
Type 97
etc

Yes I would say we are better off than California cause we can have flash hiders/brakes, pistol grips, short barrels, detachable magazines, bayonets lugs etc no problems.

#13 ·
I phoned in my order but they aren't taking orders for the new ones till them come in but they put me on a notify list.

#19 ·
So which one are you going to get ?

G
#21 ·
Smitty,
I got a friend in ft mcmurry who shoots with a guy who has one. IIRC he had an issue with it and it needs to go back to marstar. It was a build issue i think.

that aside they are generally well made guns and the ones I have seen here are nicely finished and light fast and handy. It feels better in the hand than an AK does, and is a bit lighter too i think.

It's as close as you'll probably get to an AK, but you wont be missing anything. If it was in 762x45 it'd be the perfect assualt rifle assuming you could get ammo for it. the x45 was the inspiration for the 6.8 in large part.

those mags are aluminum and a bit more suceptible to denting than the AK mags are, so I'd stack em deep while I could.

#23 ·
My Nephew in Saskatchewan has one with the full wood furniture. We had it out in the fall and it was a very fun rifle to shoot. It looked like a well put together unit but was a tad on the "production line" side of things. Not real refined but it shot great and had no problems feeding the ammo. All the ammo was CZ surplus.

Not a bad "entry level" tactical rifle. (My opinion anyhow)

Mountie

#25 ·
Notice that these ones have blued recievers not painted. These are completely new manufacture from CZ and should have better fit and finish of the previous VZ58's and CZ 858 tacticals. They are lighter and more accurate than AK's. Its really too bad they didn't have 7.62x45 would have been a nice caliber. As for which model I don't know which one probably either the full stock one or the 3rd one just cause I can't shoot the first one anywhere but a range. Probably pick up a dozen mags for it too when I get one.

Jack what is the guys name I live in Fort McMurray. Might see him at the range. I have seen at least one guy there with one in the past.

#31 ·
Is he a pretty young guy? I think I know his dad. If his dads name is Keith and hes an Engineer he is my boss lol.

#27 ·
This would be a good accessory to have on the VZ. I have also thought about one of these since my head department armorer recently authorized 7.62x39. If only he would authorize 7.62 Nato, I might would hold off for a XCR-M ;D

Tactical Hand Guard Proposed to the Slovak Military
• Reduces heat and improves ventilation by providing greater vent access.
• Hard coat anodized T6 aluminum construction.
• Highly durable and precise fit with absolutely 0 movement once installed and locked in.
• Unique lever locking mechanism to allow a quick detachable top half for easy cleaning.
• Retains 0 after reassembly.
• Both half's can be used independently
• Top rail does not interfere with iron sights
• Manufactured locally with several improvements and better price.

Attachments

#28 ·
Here are some additional pictures. They also have AR stock adapters, aftermarket grips, and muzzle brakes. Here's the website: http://www.vz58.net/products.html.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.