XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Up until now I have considerd the SIG 556 the biggest hunk of shit produced by a major firearms maker in recent memory. However, I might need to change my tune. Enter the SIG 556 Classic

This is the product SIG should have sold from day one. Not perfect, Not quite Swiss standards, but without the gaping flaws the first 556 carbines had.

Real Swiss Handguards and stock are great additions. The 2 position stock is just an okay upgrade. I personally would have preferred the standard Swiss fixed LOP stock. The sights are strange as they are AR15 height sights instead of low profile like the 55x. The rear sights looks slighly cheap and airsofty too but at least they are better than the popsicle stick folding sights of the past.

Overall this has the tools to be a good firearm. Add Aurora or SIG BUIS, L5 mags, Swiss folding stock and squint a little and you will be close to a real 55x...minus the Swiss attention to detail.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Definately an improvement over the miserable cur SIG now sells.

Probably will be worth a look, assuming it actually hits the shelves.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
The Auroras are a big hit over on SIG forum.

tk

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Yeah, it does look a little better. Is it still going to perform the same? Looks aren't everything.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, it does look a little better. Is it still going to perform the same? Looks aren't everything.
I guess it depends on if SIG feels like making an effort the day your gun is built. If yes, you'll have a cool little gun. If no you get canted rails, launching pistons, broken bolts and brittle barrel steel.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Hmm... well, a SCAR would still be *way* above it on my list, and think that stock is ugly still (improvement over an AR15 stock on a 55x rifle I guess) but I wouldn't mind checking one out.

This is the first I've heard of broken bolts and barrel steel problems?

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
and think that stock is ugly still
Hey at least it doesn't look like that half fish tail abortion on a S.C.A.R. ;D

·
Registered
467 Posts
Regardless of what it looks like, the SCAR stock works and works well. The XCR needs it, or something like it. The FAL folder simply doesn't get it done and the aftermarket is no better at the moment.

And, yeah, I'd rather have a SCAR than the US SIG, but the way things are at the present, you'd best get while the gettin' is still good. The irony is I have the money, but no one has guns. Kind of a reversal of where I was before the original import ban.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Isn't it the 556 with different furniture/folder???

It's still a fine functioning platform IMO, but I won't go near it from what I've seen otherwise. I don't care what furniture is on it.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
I agree with the IDEA(folding,collapsing,comb adjustment,etc.) of the SCAR stock just not the aesthetics on the execution.

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
Isn't it the 556 with different furniture/folder???

It's still a fine functioning platform IMO, but I won't go near it from what I've seen otherwise. I don't care what furniture is on it.
Exactly. Are there other changes besides what are essentially cosmetic? After how vehemently vb has come out against the 556 before, I just don't see where throwing some different accessories at it would constitute a change in attitude?

You can put a pig in a tuxedo, but it's still a pig.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Anything new on this since the shot show?
Shipping in limited numbers and VERY expensive at $1800. Not worth the price IMHO, especially with SIG's rough build quality and substandard materials still at the heart of the product.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Looks like the fore end on my IO STG-2000C AK-47: ;D

Case of Gatorade:
Reloading set: 0
IO STG-2000C AK-47: 0

Having more shoes than a Terrarist: Priceless!

You do realize that you are just tempting fate..... When the Terrasit kill you, can I have your XCR?????

Sorry bad, I couldn't resist... >:D

·
Registered
573 Posts
ROFLMAO ;D

SI-LENCE! I KEEL YOU! :ninja:

My wife hacks on me for having almost as many shoes as she does. ::)

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
I try to keep enough so I never have to wear the same pair two days in a row. Makes the shoes last much longer, and keeps the old dogs from taking on an unpleasant air. 8)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts