XCR Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here is the 556 classic...for one, the 556 can never be a classic, but lets take a look at it and see where we are.

It still has that lame screw instead of the front take down pin. I dont recognize the handguard. They look sorta like Swissarms, but not quite. The front sight is too tall to mate with Swissarms diop. sights and there still are no rear BUIS.

The stock is the new SWissarms folder and adjustable. I have no idea if it sucks or not. It is a fairly new product

This is a product I will actually consider as a project gun. It would need Aurora front and rear BUIS, take down pin, and Swissarms folder and handguard. Lots of Lancer mags to complete the look. Oh and cut the barrel down and add a Swiss flashhider. Now we need to pray SIG doesnt do something stupid like they usually do.

So the classic model is an improvement and will probably be the best 556 yet, but something about it still looks cheap and off compared to the real deal

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Damn,I knew I had seen those handgaurds before I had even got finished scrolling down to the bottom of the page.I do like the idea and look of the folding collapsable though,now if only function and durability follows styling,it might just kick ass.That's is one of the most nicely styled folding collapsables I think I have ever seen,and it doesn't look to thick and bulky
I'm not a purist,But in my very humble opinion,it looks enough like the the original to satisfy some of you,while improving functionality at the same time.I like it,but thats something you all have to decide for yourself.It could go a little further to more closely copy the look of the original though
I do have a really stupid question though.Why the hell doesn't it have the dimple above the magwell,is it because they are machined and not stamped?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
I wouldn't say no to either. Long live Catholic girls.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Terra, I recognize you in the top photo - but who is that in the bottom photo?

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Catholic Girls..... "Top of the Mornin' Ta Ya, and the rest of the day to meself" ;) Right on Micky.....

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I think they can still keep it. If you still have to replace all the same stuff you do on the current 556's, what is the improvement?

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
"God bless all in here"

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think they can still keep it. If you still have to replace all the same stuff you do on the current 556's, what is the improvement?
Fair point. The only real improvement is you can use the 55x folder. The quality, which is the biggest issue, will probably be the same. Are we still going to have crooked rails, folding stocks breaking, gas tubes separating and launching out of the gun, handguards breaking, rust etc etc?

Guess we will have to wait and see. This project has promise though. SIG sorta gets it...sorta

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Ah... the lower will accept a normal Swiss stock, it looks like. Ok, that is an improvement, assuming the stocks are available.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Actually it looks nice. That's what they should have made the very first time. I don't mind keeping the AR mag. I would have like to have seen a stamped steel lower.

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
I like that more than the commando version as the stock locks against the foreend. Very nice indeed. I guess budget is now between that and the XCR-M. Hmmm decisions, decisions...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Looks good. Lower is a little plain looking details wise but the Swiss type folder interface more than makes up for it. I may very well get one if it pans out. Pick up a standard Swiss stock and slap my 14.5" upper on it. Yeah that might work.
Hey Terra. I'll show you evil when I get my 556 upper back from being chopped. The current setup is all about EBRness.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts